Bug in checkout where state defaults to florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug in checkout where state defaults to florida

when filling out the 1 page checkout if i refresh the page to get a shipping quote or for any other reason, it automatically fills in florida by default. this happened tonight for an order from Spain, and i checked out not realizing it had changed to florida so i got a wrong shipping total, i tried entering the address like 8 or 10 different ways for this spain address and it would not show a shipping rate, i put the same address the customer gave me into dazzle/endiciat and it went thru without a problem. something is wrong with the format of the address for international orders possibly?

site
    hanzoswords.com

here is the exact address i was given, a no go on the site for shipping rates however on endicia it went thru fine. I tried several variations with no luck.

Carlos Martinez
    Urbanizacion Siesta, Edificio Alfamar 3 #103
    Santa Eulalia del Rio, 07840, Ibiza
    Islas Baleares
    SPAIN

Also the fedex shipping label manager needs some work there are a few things missing and it does not print the label out the same way as our fedex software does as far as working for our fedex shipping lables (half label one per sheet)

I have also had many issues with international orders resulting from the lack of standard format for address. I have seen carts repeatedly abandoned at steps 3 and 4 with international orders and I suspect it is due to this issue. I have been extremely frustrated because there are so many variables with international shipping I can't resolve the problems and most international orders are lost. And now I just had a customer from Ireland contact me about getting errors while trying to complete her order. The form will not let her bypass the zip/postal code space. I am waiting until 9 AM to call support and figure out what is going on. :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
      when filling out the 1 page checkout if i refresh the page to get a shipping quote or for any other reason, it automatically fills in florida by default.

I was running into the same thing. I had two customers whose orders came through with Florida as the state even though the zip code showed they aren't in Florida. I contacted support earlier today and just received an email from them stating that this has been fixed. I'm assuming this was fixed system wide and not just on our site.

Gotta love quick tech support response to issues!

Comment

I wouldn't assume system wide unless an announcement was posted.
        I might try to test this. Most systems (shipping/AVS/Bankcards) don't use the state field anyways. I have an several orders try to go through for Canada though even though I have plastered ALL over the website and in each iten description that no ships outside 48 states.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          I wouldn't assume system wide unless an announcement was posted.
          I might try to test this. Most systems (shipping/AVS/Bankcards) don't use the state field anyways. I have an several orders try to go through for Canada though even though I have plastered ALL over the website and in each iten description that no ships outside 48 states.
          You can setup in the admin which countries and states you want to ship to. It won't allow for customers in countries or states other than the ones you allow to actually order then.

Comment

People try regardless, and they get pretty creative. :cool: CA postal are very similar.

Comment

You can limit the countries in the shipping methods. You can specify the USA only for each shipping method and exclude Alaska and Hawaii.
              Luxlife

Comment

I know, but, so many folks just can't comprehend and try endlessly to enter zipcodes that we don't ship to. They think you may succumb and ship to them to make a sale. :rolleyes:
                Alot of folks just can't grasp this concept: "We only ship to the United States" It's in every product description. And we still get checkout questions and emails. It's not a big issue and no charges have actually been processed that have had to been reversed, it's just a head bang against the wall kinda thingy......:rolleyes:

Comment

SOLUTION FOUND!!!!

while coding some other stuff in /assets/templates/common/checkout-singlepage.html (using ftp) I noticed the follow code on lines 1287-1289

initCountry('US','FL','billing_state','billing_cou ntry');
                  if (document.getElementById('sameAsBilling') != 'undefined' && document.getElementById('sameAsBilling') != null)
                  initCountry('US','FL','shipping_state','shipping_c ountry');

just change FL to AL and problem solved!

SteveW

Comment

Working...
                  X