Product Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Number

Can anyone tell me how to add product number/ids to my product pages? I can't seem find this in the store settings and was told by a sales rep that I would have to pay to get this customized for my store. It seems to me this has to be an easy thing to do as the information is already in the storefront configuration for each product.

I am quite suprised that this option doesn't exist with what seems to be an all around very good storebuilder.

You will just need to add a small bit of code to your listing template wherever you want the product id to appear. You'll want to start the CODE BLOCK around the row or cell on your listing template with: <!--START: id--> and end the code block with <!--END: id--> as shown in the example below.

In between these two code block sections are the fieldnames. In this example that would be the [product_id] and [id] fields. The [product_id] field would show, "Item#, Id#, Part#, etc..." or whatever you want it to say before displaying the actually id number on your product page. You can designate this under Setting>>Design>>Store Language>>Product>>ID.

This is also where you can customize the language of many other things on your cart.

For more information on code blocks you can visit this page:

https://www.onlinesupportweb.com/ind...barticleid=149

Here's an example of the code you would use.

<!--START: id-->
    <tr>
    <td class="font3"><strong>[product_id] :</strong></div></td>
    <td colspan="2" class="item"><div align="left">[id]</div></td>
    </tr>
    <!--END: id-->

So in that example it may display on your product page as: Item #: 123-B

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ScribeTime; 09-29-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Adding Product ID

That code worked for me. The item number is now showing up on the product page. I put the code you mentioned under the template for listing_0.html

There are several other listing templates, for example, listing_0.htmlbackup, listing_1.html & listing_2.html... Do I need to add the code to those pages also? What are the above listed pages for?

ScribeTime - I appreciate your help with the coding...

Thanks
      Joanie

Comment

Would anyone out there happen to know if there is a way to make database fields such as the item id, weight, and stock status update along with a product selection in the listing template?

For instance, we sell a 2 oz and a 4 oz body butter. When a user selects one size or the other in the options dropdown, the "price" field displays the appropriate price according to the option ($12.00 or $18.00). I am just wondering if there's a way to have other fields for the product options update/display along with the price.

Any ideas? Can this even be done in the cart? I've submitted a ticket and will post whatever answers I get but I know that there are those among us here on the forums with scripting superpowers. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Tiki Girl View Post
          That code worked for me. The item number is now showing up on the product page. I put the code you mentioned under the template for listing_0.html

There are several other listing templates, for example, listing_0.htmlbackup, listing_1.html & listing_2.html... Do I need to add the code to those pages also? What are the above listed pages for?

ScribeTime - I appreciate your help with the coding...

Thanks
          Joanie
          The other listings templates are available so you can have more than one listing design. If you intend on using the other listings, then you would also need to put the code in there.

Comment

Is the "name" in the code block significant?
            In other words, in your example START:ID does this only work for [product_ID} and {id} ?
            That is my understanding of how it works
            Thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X