Shipping Method - Free Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Method - Free Shipping

I had been having a problem with a free shipping option showing up under Step 2 of the checkout, but had not added this shipping method to my store. So, I contacted support.

Apparently by checking off the gift certificate option the software will insert a free shipping option in the checkout. I was told this was a known problem within the software and will be fixed upon completion of the new version.

Gift Certificate Option Info presently indicates the following will happen when item checked: Indicates whether this product can be purchased using a gift certicate.

I had to go in an uncheck all of the gift certicate options under each product to get rid of the free shipping option.

Just thought I would list this info in case someone else comes across this problem prior to store migration to the new 3dcart version 3.0.

Yes, the documentation is wrong on that feature. Checking gift certificate will make the item you check be a gift certificate, and since those have free shipping, that's why it's showing up in your store.

I hope someone changes that documentation soon!

Comment

Working...
    X