Keeping pricing off of different sizes/options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping pricing off of different sizes/options

So we have recently added some additional sizes of products. We added the new sizes as options (under the options tab) and it all seemed good until we noticed that the price now prints out after the Product Size listing. So on the printable invoice is says "Producs Size: 120 widgets - $11.50" and the problem is that this is just the extra cost between the small and the large size. The actual price show on the right on the printable invoice is $30/50 which is clearly says.

If we make the product price $0.00 and then just have the amounts in the price field this would likely fix the printable invoice problem but then the search results, etc. do not show any price.

We looked at the template (invoice_print.html) and cannot find a way to remove this reference to the price of the option.

Has anyone found a way to get this to work correctly without actually creating two different products, one for each size?

Is this something for the "advanced options" tab?
    Not sure, didn't go look. :confused:

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your dilemma. Do you think the invoice is too confusing to your customers? We have a ton of options for most of our products. When I look at the printed invoice it lists the option price right next to each option and then the total price for the product including options on the right.

Would it help to change the word "Price" on the invoice to "Total Price"?

One of the dilemmas that we have for products that can be ordered in various quantities (i.e. 20, 30, 40, etc...) is when the base price shows one amount for a specified base quantity (say 20) - but then we also have a drop-down box for other larger quantities. The price shown in the drop-down box for those other quantities is actually lower than the actual price for that quantity - it's really the difference between its price and the base price shown.

I tried to solve any confusion by having the default/selected option in the drop-down box say - Price shown is in addition to "Our Price" above.

But I guess that doesn't help you with your invoice dilemma. Can you explain your dilemma a little more?

Comment

Mark, I do not think this is could be fixed with the Advanced Tab.

Scribe Time, I guess it depends on the products and also how your invoice is formatted. I will try to show you the problem by putting the 3 lines on our invoice that I think are confusing. Line 1 is the header that has column headings for the subsequent lines. Line 2 has the info that is clear, and line 3 has the confusing stuff. The following is an example with one product.

Item ID Description and Options Price Qty Total
        Prod1 Bottle of product ordered 30.50 1 $30.50
        Product Size 120 Capsules - $11.50

Notice that last line just wouldn't make sense to anyone since it does not add up to anything and if I got that receipt I could think I was charged too much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Mueller,

I am having the same issues with customers calling to say they do not understand the charges and how they add up.

I looked into this before. It seems the only way to take it off was to hide the variants cost in the store settings. But then customers do not see the up-charge price where the options are listed. It does change the price on the screen but doesn't show the +50.00 next to the option.

i want something in between and believe it is what you are asking for. I want the option upcharge to show on th product option in the listing page. On the invoice I want it to show the full cost of the item not the upcharge.

Djangle

Comment

Originally posted by djangle View Post
            Mueller,

I looked into this before. It seems the only way to take it off was to hide the variants cost in the store settings. But then customers do not see the up-charge price where the options are listed. It does change the price on the screen but doesn't show the +50.00 next to the option.

Djangle
            Sorry to hear you are having the same problem, although I was a bit surprised that no one was seeing the problem with this besides me.

I would like to know how you hide the variants cost in the admin. I took a quick look around and didn't see the setting. This would work in our case since I do not have the price difference showing up for each variant. We just have the price change depending on which radio button is selected.

Comment

Ok so I found it right after posting and of course it did nothing to our page display, which is good, but I went back to an order that had one of the few larger size products and tried reprinting. Unfortunately it is a no-go. The variant price still shows up. I assume I don't have to wait until a new order comes in with one of these products to really test it out.

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
                I would like to know how you hide the variants cost in the admin. I took a quick look around and didn't see the setting. This would work in our case since I do not have the price difference showing up for each variant. We just have the price change depending on which radio button is selected.

Are you using version 3? I'm not sure if it's an available option in v 2.2. But if you are - It's under store settings>>store features - about 2/3 down it says, "Hide Options additional value".

Comment

Working...
                X