Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Shipping with Option of Extra Charge for

Hey Gang,

Just wondering if it's possible within the store to set it up so order over $75 get free shipping using the default shipping of FedEx Ground, but customers can choose to have orders shipped overnight etc but they will then have to pay more. (i.e. don't allow them to choose a more expensive shipping method and have it included as free shipping)

I know to set up free shipping for orders over $X dollars you use the custom field, but it doesnt seem to associate a shipping method with it?

Anyone know?

Cheers!

I believe you will need to set up an additional shipping profile fro weight over 75lbs to be free (no charge) and limit the current fedex shipping profile weight to .01min - 74.99max. Additional profiles for express/overnite would be set for .01 min - 999max pounds. This way - when the weight of the order is 75 or more the free profile kicks in the express option is always there, too.

??

~fr_k

Comment

This is a question for me also...

Originally posted by Dexx View Post
      Hey Gang,

Just wondering if it's possible within the store to set it up so order over $75 get free shipping using the default shipping of FedEx Ground, but customers can choose to have orders shipped overnight etc but they will then have to pay more. (i.e. don't allow them to choose a more expensive shipping method and have it included as free shipping)

I know to set up free shipping for orders over $X dollars you use the custom field, but it doesnt seem to associate a shipping method with it?

Anyone know?

Cheers!
      I need to offer free USPS Priority Mail Shipping (and only this shipping method) for orders over $50.

How do I do this? The last answer given was weight based and not relevant.

Comment

You could set up a coupon promotion based on the $75 value and apply it to all of your products.
        Luxlife

Comment

I'm confused - I just set up a simple free shipping option for anything with an order total of $75 or more (for U.S. customers only).

The express shipping and other associated shipping options also automatically display. The customer can just choose free shipping if that's what they want.

Am I missing something?

I think I put the type of shipping in my description - so the customer sees something like:

Free Priority shipping on orders over $75.
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
          X