Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to Mass Add Products to Main Category from

sub-categories?

Basically 80% of my products are broken down into sub-categories, however that means when I click the "main category" from the navigation menu, there's barely any items showing until the customer clicks into a smaller sub-category.

I know I can individually edit each product and add them to the main category as well as the sub-category, just wondering if there's a faster way to mass do this?

I thought of doing it via excel, but wouldnt that just move all my products from their sub-categories to the main category?

Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

Hmmm....good timing. Just the other day I was wanting to create a "All Products" category for someone who just wants to browse "everything" on my smaller site.

DaveW

Comment

We have a whole lot of educational articles on our site which are entered as products since the products have so much more functionality that just extra pages. So to get a listing of all products for someone that wanted to see this, we just added a keyword under each product that is the same but would not be found in any product description or other text (e.g. prod_search). Then we just created a canned search with this key word and then linked to it from a static link in the footer.

The good thing about this was we did the same for the articles so we can provide a link to all articles for those that don't want to view them from a category perspective.

Comment

Hey guys, here's a reply from support that addresses this:

Dwayne,

You can add products to sub categories and multiple categories via spreadsheet very easily.. For example:

To add your product to the sub category Cakes, under the main category Wedding, you would put this in your spreadsheet:

[email protected]

A good thing do to is add an item in multiple categories and subcategories, export your csv file, and use it as a reference.

Thank you for using 3dCart,

Robb Muise
        800-828-6650 x118

Comment

Working...
        X