Sales are Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales are Down!

Been selling four years. This past 3 months worst!
    I did better in SEO or SERP in 2006!
    Sales are really down. I wonder what's up?
    Normally Xmas shopping is well underway.
    This week..........Nada! :(
    We were thinking of a company vehicle this year, but, that probably out! :-(
    Last edited by Mark; 11-07-2008, 09:43 PM.

Septeber was a great month for us, however October was bad, and so far November as been the worst. We did better our first 2 weeks in busness than we have in Oct & Nov. It is sad. I am still holding out hope that is very temporary. ;)

Comment

I agree, I've only had one order in the last two weeks. But, I'm hoping things will pick up some by the end of the month. I think things will get better in the future, I just don't know how soon it will though.........

Comment

We're down 50% this year compared to last year. According to my vendors everyone is down industry wide this year, brick-and-mortar as well as online retailers.

We've been in business 8 years, at one point had 5 employees, and now I'm down to doing everything myself because of the slowdown. Luckily, we had installed Stone Edge Order Manager last year, so I'm able to do it all without working 24 hours a day--just 12 or so! :)
        Last edited by rrw; 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Internet business went from very little to nothing in the last few months (never had the chance to put much effort into the online store so there wasn't much business in the first place). But surprisingly, the brick & mortar business has picked up, and we even had the best day in the history of the company (25 years) last week. Granted, it was all our big customers that showed up on the same day, but nevertheless, I'm happily surprised with how business has picked up the last month. I just hope it lasts for us.

Good luck to all of you (and us)...hold on tight. If we survive the bad times here, we're all gonna be golden when we get to the other side. The competition will dwindle away and those of us that survive should be very prosperous.

At least that's what I tell myself to get to sleep at night :p

Comment

We're having our best year but in our industry, things are strong.

Hang in there. It will rebound. I hope none of you give up- the economy has to bounce some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Inviting Ways View Post
              Good luck to all of you (and us)...hold on tight. If we survive the bad times here, we're all gonna be golden when we get to the other side. The competition will dwindle away and those of us that survive should be very prosperous.
              I am holding out for this.

Comment

This is awful! :o

This was holiday shopping time last year and I had trouble keeping up.

Not so so far........

And, gas price is below what it was in 1990, yet, they are still charging the "fuel surcharge"..... :mad:

I mean, it's $1.99...........how long since you saw THAT!?!??!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  This is awful! :o

This was holiday shopping time last year and I had trouble keeping up.

Not so so far........

And, gas price is below what it was in 1990, yet, they are still charging the "fuel surcharge"..... :mad:

I mean, it's $1.99...........how long since you saw THAT!?!??!
                  Its that really 1.99 NOW?? wheree?? well.. is that good/bad news? :D

Anyway, our sales opposite than down.. It's been going up since august like 40-50%, the reason: change website looking, marketing, myspace (i know it's weird but that works!), promotion, and recruit the new websmaster :cool:

Comment

"change website looking, marketing, myspace (i know it's weird but that works!), promotion, and recruit the new websmaster "
                    care to elborate on any specific tips?

c

Comment

Working...
                    X