Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone relying on PayPal and Google checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone relying on PayPal and Google checkout?

I'm just starting out with my store and at the moment am only accepting PP and Google checkout as payment options. I don't really want the monthly expense of a true Merchant account yet.
    I was wondering if anyone else is doing this and if they are having decent luck with it. I know from past experience that a true Merc acct. does help but in todays market I would think most people use PP or Google for things.
    I've not has a sale as of yet and have had visitors and 5 orders started. So I was wondering what others are finding.
    Thanks.

About 90% of our orders are paid for through credit cards via our merchant account. The rest through Paypal (and Google Checkout when we have it active).

Comment

I use only paypal - but I have PayPal pro which is just like a merchant account. The customer is given the option to pay via credit card or paypal. If they select credit card they simple enter their information as normal and the charge is processed. They never realize that it was processed by paypal and they don't have to have an account with them.

PayPal pro is $30 per month.

I also accept checks/money orders for U.S. orders.

All of my online payments are processed by PayPal.
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

I only use PayPal pro and google checkout. I would recommend not using PayPal only but instead going with PayPal Pro which lets you take credit card payments directly on your website and the customer does not have to go to PayPal at all. It is only $30 a month so the cost is reasonable and should be less than a merchant account (you will generally get better rates with PayPal compared to a merchant account also).
        Nathan
        www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Dispose of PayPal as PayPal is eBay item. You really don't want to be associated with eBay when you are trying to conduct busniess outside of ebay with the public.
          Last edited by Mark; 08-21-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

A lot of people (including myself) don't want to have to create an account to pay for something or buy something. Using the basic PP requires a buyer to create an account. PP Pro though, is like a merchant account and has a monthly fee.

Comment

I wouldn't just use paypal you will lose credit with your customers and most customers will drop there order if they are sent to paypal as only way of payment .I have a merchant account for my store but if you want to cut cost best to start off with paypal pro

Comment

PayPal is not a credit card processor in legal terms. As a result, they are not subject to guidlines that are otherwise specificied for the merchant industry. Tread Carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                  PayPal is not a credit card processor in legal terms. As a result, they are not subject to guidlines that are otherwise specificied for the merchant industry. Tread Carefully.
                  That to even more reason not to use paypal

Also if it's a credit problem try first data they might can help up a account for you

Comment

Originally posted by Shopabit View Post
                    I'm just starting out with my store and at the moment am only accepting PP and Google checkout as payment options. I don't really want the monthly expense of a true Merchant account yet.
                    I was wondering if anyone else is doing this and if they are having decent luck with it. I know from past experience that a true Merc acct. does help but in todays market I would think most people use PP or Google for things.
                    I've not has a sale as of yet and have had visitors and 5 orders started. So I was wondering what others are finding.
                    Thanks.
                    Also fix up your store up a little you only have 3 sec to get a good impression and that's it get a store design 3dcart will work with you in payment. It's like when you asking a woman out you not going to ask her out looking a hot mess right?:) Do the same for your business:D just trying to help :-)

Comment

SPAM from here

I have received a large amount of SPAM from this posting along with phone calls, etc all from Merchant Account people. I will not post in this area again.

Comment

Wow!
                        I hope we would get some exposure as well! :)

Comment

Working...
                        X