Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SarahInc
    replied
    I immediately thought this was a scam email also when I read this thread. I thought that paypal has a policy where they will never email you asking for your credit card information, thus that is usually a sign of a scam paypal email.

Leave a comment:

• Ben
    replied
    I ALWAYS send those types of e-mails to [email protected]., because most of them are coming from someone phishing for your personal info.
    They'll check it out, and let you know if it is legit or not.

Same goes for those E-Bay e-mails.
    Send them to [email protected], and let them verify that it is actually coming form them, and not some PHISHING CREEP!
    Good luck,
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• tedrabird
    replied
    Paypal Verification

I know this thread is old BUT, I wanted to let others that read this thread that it really sounded like a scam email to me. I have seen several email exactly as you describe but they are NOT from Paypal. It is someone trying to steal your account. If in doubt, call paypal directly and ask them. Never, Never, Ever give you this kind of information unless you start the process and are EXPECTING them to ask this information. .... Any one can fake a paypal address.

Leave a comment:

• WFox
    replied
    PayPal??

If we take PayPal off our site, we probably lose 15% of our business. I have used them for 7 years (before Ebay bought them) and know they are a bit different, but dealing with some difficult merchant account people can be tough too.

Bill Fox
    www.4filters.com

Leave a comment:

• jmason@bestinkstore.com
    replied
    PayPal

It sounds like you will enjoy the website www.paypalsucks.com

I personally have never had a problem with PayPal, but would like to find another merchant account that has lower fees, but great reliability and customer support. Can anyone recommend one?

- Jennifer www.BestInkStore.com

Originally posted by ChaucerCrown View Post
    I got an email from them today telling me that they needed my SSN or another credit card to allow me to get my money from them. They already have my bank account for wire transfers. I am calling BS. I shut Paypal off on my site just now. Thank goodness I initiated a transfer before this "new poilicy" went into effect. Oh yes, I am also listed as Verified in the account summary. Please....

Anyone else a little annoyed with them?

"
    We’ve noticed over the past few months that you’ve exceeded your maximum PayPal monthly withdrawal limit. In order to best safeguard our users’ safety and security, we require customers to authenticate their identity before they’re allowed to withdraw more than $500 USD per month.

To become verified and lift the $500 monthly withdrawal limit, we encourage you to log in to your PayPal account and click on the Recommended Steps for Merchants link. This link is located in the ‘What’s New’ section on the Account Overview page. You will then need to complete 2 of the three steps below in order to remove your withdrawal limit, if you haven’t done so already:

o Confirm your Social Security Number

o Confirm Bank Account or get approved for a PayPal Plus Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit

o Add a credit card and enroll in PayPal’s Expanded Use Program

You can find more information about this requirement under the Payments (Sending, Receiving, and Withdrawals) policy in the PayPal User Agreement. If you have any questions about this notification, please contact our customer support team at 866-888-5548.

We appreciate your business and your help with ensuring the safety and security of PayPal users."

Leave a comment:

• hanzoswords
    replied
    if you cut off paypal you cut off sales period, a poor business decision.

Leave a comment:

• lovebeingamommy
    replied
    Hmmm - paypal is great for us

Why is it such a big deal to give them the info they want?

I'd be cautious to take it off your site. We find that customers spend Paypal money like water and each month we continue to have a huge increase in Paypal sales.

I think it is great they want everyone to get verified because it just makes Paypal that much safer!

Just my 2 cents!

Leave a comment:

• ProLine
    replied
    PayPal sucks.

Unfortunately, it is probably one of the most economical payment solutions for a lot of people.

Leave a comment:

• ChaucerCrown
    started a topic Paypal is out of control

Paypal is out of control

I got an email from them today telling me that they needed my SSN or another credit card to allow me to get my money from them. They already have my bank account for wire transfers. I am calling BS. I shut Paypal off on my site just now. Thank goodness I initiated a transfer before this "new poilicy" went into effect. Oh yes, I am also listed as Verified in the account summary. Please....

Anyone else a little annoyed with them?

"
    We’ve noticed over the past few months that you’ve exceeded your maximum PayPal monthly withdrawal limit. In order to best safeguard our users’ safety and security, we require customers to authenticate their identity before they’re allowed to withdraw more than $500 USD per month.

To become verified and lift the $500 monthly withdrawal limit, we encourage you to log in to your PayPal account and click on the Recommended Steps for Merchants link. This link is located in the ‘What’s New’ section on the Account Overview page. You will then need to complete 2 of the three steps below in order to remove your withdrawal limit, if you haven’t done so already:

o Confirm your Social Security Number

o Confirm Bank Account or get approved for a PayPal Plus Credit Card or PayPal Buyer Credit

o Add a credit card and enroll in PayPal’s Expanded Use Program

You can find more information about this requirement under the Payments (Sending, Receiving, and Withdrawals) policy in the PayPal User Agreement. If you have any questions about this notification, please contact our customer support team at 866-888-5548.

We appreciate your business and your help with ensuring the safety and security of PayPal users."
Working...
X