Authorize.net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorize.net?

We currently use Paypal Pro for all online credit card processing from 3dcart. I am not totally convinced they are not a problem for people trying to place orders. Plus their fees are a little high.

I recently learned that our Brick and Mortar stores' merchant account uses Authorize.net for online transactions and it is free with our merchant account. We pay our normal processing fees as if we swiped the card in the store.

Having no experience with Authorize.net I would appreciate any comments from those with experience using them. I am not keen on just switching without some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 01-17-2019, 11:43 AM.

We've used authorize.net for 5+ years in our online stores and they have been very reliable. They seem to integrate with everything. We've only had 1 or 2 short downtime periods with them in that time (those were caused by major catastrophes).

Comment

Thanks Shopgirl. Do you have any customers complain they can't get their orders to go through? We currently have this happen and when we login to their order and put their credit card info in and send the order it goes through.

So I am not sure if it is the customers that don't know how to put their info in or if it is paypal not working.

Using Authorize.net would save us money on processing fees but I hate to jump ship if this doesn't solve the problem.

Ken

Comment

We've used Authorize.net for years & as far as I can recall, I've never experienced a customer not being able to transact a purchase due to anything with Authorize.net.

They're extremely reliable, in my book.

Comment

Agreed, we've used Authorize.net for 5+ years and no real issues to speak of. They are probably the most widely used ecommerce processor.

Comment

I don't recall any problem with orders not going through, just customers not putting in the correct billing address and getting declined. You have control over what gets checked and what action occurs if the correct information has not been entered, such as billing address street number, zipcode. So you can control what gets declined on those details.

Comment

You guys are great! Thanks for this help. I will contact our merchant company and get this going.

Ken

Comment

Ken,

We've used a number of processors over the years & Authorize.net has been the best...by far...that we have used.
                Selecting them, and 3D, are probably the best two ecommerce decisions we have made.

Comment

Thanks Len.

Comment

I've had two processors over the past 5yrs and on the back end they both used Authorize.net . Never had a problem with them and when I had questions their support was top notch.

Comment

Another thumbs up for Authorize.net

Comment

Authorize.net is one of the largest processors out there. I have used them for over 10 years for my online store.

Comment

How does Authorize.net compare to ProPay?

I am with Paypal pro for my credit card transaction and I am looking to change that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
                          Uta

Comment

I know for me personally authorize.net would not allow me to offer my warranty and process my payments. I've offered the same warranty for years and was not willing to change it for a payment gateway :o(

Comment

PayPal Website Payments Pro can be the least costly option if you do refunds. They give back all of the money except 30 cents. Most processors charge for both sales and refunds. PayPal used to give back every penny on a refund. Google checkout still gives all back but they do not allow transactions other than in your home country. If your international business is growing or large, Website Payments Pro has a few advantages and options that make it easier and safer.

We wish 3dCart would do a complete integration with WebSite Payments Pro. I remember seeing Volusion offer integration into the admin. As it now stands, you have to log into PayPal to process transactions and use the Website Payment Pro advanced security filters.

We would also like to see CDG Commerce and their Quantum gateway offered. They have phone verification system built into their system that helps reduce fraud.
                              Luxlife

Comment

Working...
                              X