anyone using paypal express and website payment pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone using paypal express and website payment pro

getting this to work together is tough. the paypal express just seems to screw things up all by itself
    right now I use a CC processor plus website payment standard with no issue. But the next step to payment pro is not working
    jeff
    http://www.canadianghosthuntersupplies.ca

We use Paypal Pro. What problem are you having?
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I cannot get the paypal express to act right I can get payment pro to work but the deal is you have to use xpress along with it as a package. xpress seems to by pass the customer info part and then after logging into paypal it coming back to my web page it won't process the order it keeps asking for a phone number

Comment

Originally posted by canadianghosthunter View Post
        I cannot get the paypal express to act right I can get payment pro to work but the deal is you have to use xpress along with it as a package. xpress seems to by pass the customer info part and then after logging into paypal it coming back to my web page it won't process the order it keeps asking for a phone number
        That is because there is no phone passed from paypal. All the customer needs to do is fill in the phone number and hit the checkout button and it works fine.

Comment

That's any easy fix. In Paypal, go to the Website Payment Preferences page. On that page, change your Contact Telephone Number option to On (Required Field). Once you have done that, it will eliminate that issue altogether.
          Laura Z

Comment

thanks laura that was all it needed.
            Jeff

Comment

No problem. Glad I could help!
              Laura Z

Comment

Originally posted by brassandsilver View Post
                That's any easy fix. In Paypal, go to the Website Payment Preferences page. On that page, change your Contact Telephone Number option to On (Required Field). Once you have done that, it will eliminate that issue altogether.
                Did that and all that did was add the following:

Check this box if you want to share this phone number with Company Name

The box is not checked so if they do not check the box it still passes with no phone number.

Comment

That is how it displays when you have the phone preference set to On (Optional Field) but when you have it set to On (Required Field) it isn't supposed to give them that choice. Did you talk to Paypal about that? Their customer service is not great, so I don't know how helpful they will be, but it's worth a try.
                  Laura Z

Comment

Its working now. I guess it needed some time for the changes to take effect. Now it show phone number required which will save the customer a step in the checkout.

I still have customers confused when they start on the one page checkout and enter all their information and then hit paypal because after they log into the paypal site they are sent back to the one page checkout page that they started from.

The button on the bottom of the page should change to something like finalize order and not check out again.

Comment

Oh, good. I am glad it is working for you now! I believe you can change that button, but I don't remember where you would do that. I'll see if I can find it. Otherwise, you can try adding a message to your view cart page letting your customers know what to expect on the checkout page. We find that helpful, although of course not everyone reads it.
                      Laura Z

Comment

Working...
                      X