Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unhappy with Checkout by Amazon....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unhappy with Checkout by Amazon....

    Payments on 30 day hold at Amazon.

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    www.g1gallery.com

  • #2
    Hi g1gallery,

    We haven't had any reports from our merchants regarding anything like this yet, but I would like it if you could double check something in your settings within your Amazon Seller Central account:

    To the best of my knowledge, Amazon payments won't actually transfer funds to you until they are notified that the order is shipped and listed as fulfilled. The Checkout by Amazon (CBA) module will make a series of calls back and forth to your site to properly make these updates. It does this by having a special call back URL specified in the seller central settings.

    Now, early on in our integration with the CBA payment method, we discovered that our documentation had some slightly incorrect information on what the correct callback URL was. So we recently expanded and corrected the details regarding this portion of the setup. If you wouldn't mind checking your set up's call back URL, just to be on the safe side, I think this might be why your orders are being placed on hold. (Something interrupting the call to Amazon letting them know the order has been fulfilled)

    The KB article I'm referring to is available here and the section specific to the callback URL is located at the top (under "Preliminary Steps")

    The correct callback URL that should be specified in your Amazon Seller Central profile is https://[secure URL]/amazon_cba_ipn.asp (with your store's secure domain in place of "[secure URL]")

    Again, as far as I'm aware, the only reason a payment would be placed on hold like this is if they (Amazon) hasn't been made aware that the order is fulfilled. After which, it would likely cancel the order on their end.

    If your call back URL is properly configured and the payments still get placed on hold like this, you might need to double-check with Amazon as to why.

    Comment


    • #3
      Amazon in their marketplace will hold back payments to they feel they can trust you and set a credit limit for you of X amount of sales per month. When you go up to the next tier the same thing happens again where Amazon withholds payment till they feel comfortable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Unhappy with Checkout by Amazon

        Hi 3dcart,

        We will go check the settings. Because the reporting on Amazon indicated that the money was not being transferred we opened a ticket with them. Their email response indicated that this "hold" is in their TOS. We had seen that provision in the TOS but it didn't mention anything about how long they would hold it.

        By the way eBay's Paypal division has announced a similar policy just today. I had honestly thought that these payment processors were the wave of the future. If they are going to shoot themselves in the foot like this then we will just go with the tried and true Merchant Account.

        Thank you for your reply and assistance. Off to check settings now.....

        John at
        www.g1gallery.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Quick FYI

          We mark orders as shipped over on the Checkout by Amazon site. Net effect is the same as the callback.

          Comment


          • #6
            Checkout by Amazon

            Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            Amazon in their marketplace will hold back payments to they feel they can trust you and set a credit limit for you of X amount of sales per month. When you go up to the next tier the same thing happens again where Amazon withholds payment till they feel comfortable.
            Thanks Ritchey.

            You're spot on.

            While we don't sell on Amazon they do apply the same TOS for CBA as if we were selling on Amazon.

            Thanks for replying,
            John
            www.g1gallery.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Checkout by Amazon

              Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
              Hi 3dcart,

              We will go check the settings. Because the reporting on Amazon indicated that the money was not being transferred we opened a ticket with them. Their email response indicated that this "hold" is in their TOS. We had seen that provision in the TOS but it didn't mention anything about how long they would hold it.

              By the way eBay's Paypal division has announced a similar policy just today. I had honestly thought that these payment processors were the wave of the future. If they are going to shoot themselves in the foot like this then we will just go with the tried and true Merchant Account.

              Thank you for your reply and assistance. Off to check settings now.....

              John at
              www.g1gallery.com
              Since we are going to shop for a real merchant account - anyone here knowledgeable about 3dcart's merchant account?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
                Since we are going to shop for a real merchant account - anyone here knowledgeable about 3dcart's merchant account?
                We used it for a week, and it was ok. but since we use Quickbooks, we felt if was beneficial to use the QB Merchant services. both are about the same price. Seems ok so far. still only 2 weeks new.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rickharp View Post
                  We used it for a week, and it was ok. but since we use Quickbooks, we felt if was beneficial to use the QB Merchant services. both are about the same price. Seems ok so far. still only 2 weeks new.
                  Thank You.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X