Canada Credit Card Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Credit Card Processing

Does anyone have experience using Authorize.net with their 3dcart to allow Canadian Credit Card processing?

I use them now but have AVS (Address Verification) turned on for my US customers. I was told that AVS is not available in Canada.

So it seems like the only way to make Canadian payments workable is to disable AVS for all my transactions. Does this seem right?

At the very least I'd prefer to keep AVS on for US and allow non AVS for Canada.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by ChaucerCrown View Post
    Does anyone have experience using Authorize.net with their 3dcart to allow Canadian Credit Card processing?

I use them now but have AVS (Address Verification) turned on for my US customers. I was told that AVS is not available in Canada.

So it seems like the only way to make Canadian payments workable is to disable AVS for all my transactions. Does this seem right?

At the very least I'd prefer to keep AVS on for US and allow non AVS for Canada.

Thanks!!
    We seem to get a lot of international orders that do not go through and are rejected for various reasons on Authorize.net. Is this one of the reasons? What can we do to get more of our international sales to go through without greatly increasing our risk?

Thanks!

Comment

As far as I know, only the US uses AVS. (???)

We use authorize net as well, but I think we've relaxed the AVS rule. But we only ship to addresses that are the same as the billing address. Also be weary of rush orders in large amounts.

Not the best solution, but there is no real way to protect yourself from int'l fraud orders if you want to ship internationally. :( at least with authorize.net.

also if you get fraud orders, I would suggest jotting down their IP addresses.

Comment

Working...
      X