X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob1
    replied
    Originally posted by mac411 View Post
    How do you see the specific detail "cc rejected" in step 3. I just grand opened yesterday and had 2 orders today that don't appear to have gone through for some reason. They got all the way to step 4 and didn't complete and I can't find history of why. I just see it was stopped at step 4. :( PayPal said they don't show history until payment is actually confirmed by customer. Am I missing something? I am very new at this! Thanks
    Hi Marsha,

The error 3d gets back from the gateway will show in the bottom of the order. Typically these will be 'step 4' orders but it is possible to show other steps if a person goes back to another step after they received their decline. So, if you see a step 4, I am sure you will see an error on the page right below 'internal comments'.

Not everyone who enters the final step of the checkout will complete their purchase. As your business grows, you will see more and more abandon shopping carts.

Now, if you are new, have you placed a few test orders yourself to ensure the gateway and paypal are working properly? I am sure you have but I thought I would just ask.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• BrigadeGames
    replied
    Have you checked with your gateway to actually see if they are getting rejected and why? Sometimes your settings at the gateway may be too strict. Are you telling them to enter their billing address where they get the card (some have statements go to work or a PO box) and ship to a different address. Customers will try once or twice and then give up.

Are they entering spaces or dashes between the sets of numbers?

Someone posted code previously here on the forum that is easily inserted with the instructions given in the post. It was a hint to customers that showed the correct entering of digits as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• mac411
    replied
    How do you see the specific detail "cc rejected" in step 3. I just grand opened yesterday and had 2 orders today that don't appear to have gone through for some reason. They got all the way to step 4 and didn't complete and I can't find history of why. I just see it was stopped at step 4. :( PayPal said they don't show history until payment is actually confirmed by customer. Am I missing something? I am very new at this! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Rob1
    replied
    Originally posted by canadianghosthunter View Post
    so are these transaction showing up in abandoned shopping carts?
    Yes, we can see them at step three.

Leave a comment:

• canadianghosthunter
    replied
    so are these transaction showing up in abandoned shopping carts?

Leave a comment:

• Rob1
    started a topic cc problems...?

cc problems...?

Over the past 10 days we have seen a spike in customers claiming they are putting in the correct cc number but system rejects it.

They are not getting declines or errors in our epay system. Usually we hear this complaint once or twice every 3 to 4 months. We have heard this complaint 4 or 5 times in the past 10 days.

I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks,

Rob
Working...
X