Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Online Layaway Plan/Monthly Payments - Is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Layaway Plan/Monthly Payments - Is it possible?

Hi everyone!

I'm sure this might be wishful thinking, but it was just a thought. Is it possible to give customers an option to use a layaway plan or maybe something like Bill me Later as a payment option to complete a purchase.

Our business has largely relied on customer credit, customers paying month-by-month in the past. Now the we're newly online, I was wondering if it was possible to offer that option online if they spend a certain $ amount.

Your help is appreciated.

Best,
    Hydara Fabrics
    Welcome to Hydara Fabrics - The Best Place for African Fashions
    Fatuma Hydara
    Hydara Fabrics
    Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
    http://www.hydarafabrics.com

see elayway here Online layaway

Comment

Are there any 3dCart merchants who use the integrated eLayaway setup? I'd really like to be able to see how this works on the cart.

Comment

Thank you very much. I've never heard of this, but it's very good. I'd look into it.
        Fatuma Hydara
        Hydara Fabrics
        Your #1 Stop for Affordable African Fashions
        http://www.hydarafabrics.com

Comment

layaway

Just looking for an update if anyone has deployed elayaway? thanx

Comment

I did, didn't get a single taker and after 6 months chose to drop it. It was a great idea, I thought. I do, even as of today, get customers on the site because I think I'm still listed in the elayaway stores, but not one person decided to take advantage.

Comment

layaway

thank you for the feed back

Comment

Originally posted by Toobusy View Post
                I did, didn't get a single taker and after 6 months chose to drop it. It was a great idea, I thought. I do, even as of today, get customers on the site because I think I'm still listed in the elayaway stores, but not one person decided to take advantage.
                I'm curious as to what your average ticket price is? I know of another retailer that has this option on their site and they average about 2 a month.

Comment

Average ticket on my site is $265, without any additional components added to the order. Because my wiper motors are not cheap, it's why I thought it would be nice to offer the elayaway. I think I'm going to try it again for the holidays. Even though I quit using it I still see backlinks through Woopra from traffic I'm getting by being listed as a store that offers elayaway on their site :o)

Comment

layaway

We're going to give it a shot but only apply it to a one manufacturer and one line of their products beginning at $149 - It will be unique for our niche

Comment

Well, what I have done is created my own layaway plan ... I am moreless a small business of bird toys and parts so either I have to keep track of it or the customer will but it won't be hard for me to do.

I made a Lay Away Payment Category then by creating products in dollar denominations ... then in the payment area for "offline orders" I made one for Lay Away Plan option ... so the customer uses this option to check out and pays no money but then comes back to the dollar products to make an initial Deposit Down, this is going to initiate me to pull products from the shelves to set a side until paid in full. The cart will subtract from the inventory, at least I think it will.

One problem is, each time a customer pays a payment towards the layaway, it is another order number... still for me, no biggie because each time a customer makes a payment I just attach the paper work to their first original layway order. If you are a very large business or no time to hassle with it then this would not be the way to do it.

However, it would be really nice if 3dcart could make something in the system to have and it keeps track somehow... maybe someday! LOL!

Oh by the way, using that eLayaway, I would not use something like that... I want stuff intergrated inside the 3dcart itself.
                      Last edited by Jan R.; 10-31-2012, 02:21 AM. Reason: added info.
                      Jan
                      Blu's Bird Toys

Comment

Working...
                      X