Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are credit cards processed?

When are credit cards processed?

When the order is placed? When the order has been shipped? When?

It depends on how you have it set up in your store (Authorize only? or Capture charge at order completion? - the default-) in Settings > Payment > Online Methods.

And it also depends on WHEN you have your merchant account set up to settle the payment batch or if you have it set up to settle the payments manually. You'd need to check with your merchant account provider to set that up.

Comment

Usually when the order is placed; depends on how you have set up your merchant account with your credit card processor.
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Usually when the order is placed, it takes 1-3days to process depending on your merchant account, if you are a third party processor like Paypal they can hold 30% of your funds up to 90 days, and google checkout can hold 100% for 14 days. Be careful, make sure you read the fine print on these accounts.

Comment

We authorize cards when the order is placed and charge when we approve the order to send to shipping.
          We used to not charge back-orders until we shipped them, but with PCI compliance we don't have everyone's card numbers even though we use authorize.net CIM. Now if there is a back-order we still charge the whole order and at the time of the first shipment.

Our Google Checkout and PayPal are charged at the time the order is placed.

We have been using both PayPal and Google Checkout for over a decade now and have never had one penny held or any problems of any sort. I guess it depends on what you sell and on your charge-back history.

Comment

funding

All orders should be charged when placed. We use chase paymentech for CC - batch 10:30pm funding by 5:30 am next morning (Amex dances to it's own tune - the larger the charge the longer the funding time 3 - 7 days)

Paypal too (about 30% of our revenue) which is great for INSTANT funding of our PP debit card.

Google holds onto money for 72 hours - a lifetime for a drop shipper - I think it confuses peopl at check out.

BTW we don't authorize and then charge when shipped because you may prepare a shipment and have the CC go south
            Last edited by windycityparrot; 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Authorize.net and CIM

This is directed to elightbox - So even with CIM, you are not able to re-bill a customer for a balance of an order that is shipped at a later date? I just spoke with authorize.net and they informed me I could through the authorize.net side...not the 3dcart side.

Comment

Originally posted by LDev View Post
                This is directed to elightbox - So even with CIM, you are not able to re-bill a customer for a balance of an order that is shipped at a later date? I just spoke with authorize.net and they informed me I could through the authorize.net side...not the 3dcart side.
                We've used this feature on the Authorize.net side. If a customer's order comes back as undeliverable and they want us to ship it to a different address, we obviously want to charge a second set of shipping charges to the original credit card used for the order. To do that, we search for the original order transaction in Authorize.net. When the screen displays the search results, there's a button near the top which says "View Rebillable Transactions". Click that and you'll see which transactions are still eligible for additional charges to be added (I think there's a time limitation on how far out from the original transaction you can post an additional charge). Once the rebillable transaction screen displays, click the box on the left of the original transaction you want to add a charge to, then fill in the amount of the additional charge on the right hand box. Click "Submit" and that takes care of it for you.

Comment

piaf, I have been using Auth.net for over ten years and never saw this "View Rebillable Transactions" button.
                  You learn something new every day!

LDev, CIM only works if the customer has an account on your web site. So it is hit or miss. The option above is even better.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                    piaf, I have been using Auth.net for over ten years and never saw this "View Rebillable Transactions" button.
                    You learn something new every day!

LDev, CIM only works if the customer has an account on your web site. So it is hit or miss. The option above is even better.
                    Glad I could help. This tidbit of info was passed on to me by another store owner, so I'm glad to be able to "pay it forward".

Comment

Working...
                    X