Capturing in Bulk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing in Bulk

Is anyone Capturing orders in bulk during the import of tracking numbers? We Pre-Authorize and only capture cards when the order is shipped. 3dcart does not capture the card when I import the tracking numbers, so I need to go back into each order one at a time and manually click the capture button. This process is managable when you ship only 5 - 10 orders a day, but over that it can get to be a bit annoying especially when every other shopping cart service can do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan
    Dan Goldman
    www.perfumemart.com

Capture with order. It stops people from spending the money twice on a credit/debit card.
    David
    David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

If an order doesn't ship, then how do we process a refund? 3dcart does not process refunds. Since we started using 3dcart a few months ago, we've been unable to process refunds. Customers have been resorting to charge backs. So, skipping the pre-auth and capturing at time of order is out of the question.

Am I the only business with this problem? Come on Merchants, speak up!!!
      Dan Goldman
      www.perfumemart.com

Comment

We capture at time of order.
        If items aren't shipped or cancelled we issue refunds via the CC processor. No issue of charge backs here.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

See, thats the thing, as a merchant, you shouldn't have to go to the CC Processor to process refunds or captures. Thats why the CC Processors created the hooks in their API's, to allow Shopping Carts to not only authorize and capture but also , capture in bulk, capture for less, re-authorize if the order is revised higher, refund the full amount, refund partial amounts ect.... Shopping Cart software should provide all the functionality that the CC Processors offer in thier API's.
          Dan Goldman
          www.perfumemart.com

Comment

perfumemart,

Are you saying what is described here isn't enough for you?
            https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=335

I doubt 1200+ merchants with 3DCart has an issue with refunding their customer via the Admin Panel.
            Elegant Weddings +

Comment

My main concern is Bulk Capturing which I can't believe does not exist in 3dcart.

My second concern is Capturing for Less when a product is removed or a discount is added manually.

I may be mistaken about the Full refunds via the Admin Panel, but Partial refunds should also be available. I'll need to test again, but if I remember correctly, I could have sworn Full Refunds did not work for us via the Panel. I'll have to re-test and get back to you.

ElegantWeddings, in your previous post you mentioned you do refunds via the CC Processor. So, why are you not processing your refunds via the Admin Panel if you say it works?

Again, my main reason for this post is to find a way to have 3dcart automatically CAPTURE credit cards during the Importing of the Tracking Numbers. 3DCart already emails customers of the shipment upon import, so capturing should be a no brainer. All other Shopping carts I've used in the past do this including capturing for less if the order was modified.
              Dan Goldman
              www.perfumemart.com

Comment

ElegantWeddings, in your previous post you mentioned you do refunds via the CC Processor. So, why are you not processing your refunds via the Admin Panel if you say it works?
                It is easier for us that way, as 3DCart isn't the only Cart we use.
                We don't need to switch back an forth among providers, if need to do several credits at time.
                Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I agree with elegant. You capture upon order and the bulk capture problem is solved. This is pretty standard for Etail and easier to deal with.
                  Refunds are hopefully rare so much easier to do individually. If they aren't rare then you might want to try to make them rare because even a refund leaves a unhappy customer.
                  Like elegant we have multiple venues so refunding through the processor is easier too.

Elegant: Think you missed a zero, Believe 3d has around 10-12K+ merchants

Comment

Elegant: Think you missed a zero, Believe 3d has around 10-12K+ merchants
                    Oops! that's what i meant 12,000+
                    Elegant Weddings +

Comment

I just refund it through the processor before the batch is submitted for settlement. Your really making things complicated for yourself. Is this your first store?
                      David
                      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

We do the same as everyone here has suggested. We capture at the time of the order, and IF there's any refunding to do (very, very rare for us) we do it through Authorize.net.

Comment

We capture at time of shipment because some of our products are special order and don't ship for a week or so. We use Stone Edge order manager to batch process them. I do remember that in the past 3dcart said it would be possible for them to set it up to capture payment when an order was marked shipped, so you might want to ask them about that.

Comment

Capturing at time of order is NOT a best practice. 3dcart is the only store we have where you can't even manually capture in bulk. Capturing payments should be a standard "Batch Action" at the bottom of the page. There are often times in a busy store where you may want to give someone a coupon discount even though they forgot to put the code in or cancel an order after the daily transaction proceesing time. I never even though to ask about this feature before we signed up with 3dcart as it has been standard functionality for the last 15 years. I can say from a lot of experience that many customers despise being charged for an order before it ships. I can't believe that this hasn't been addressed by 3dcart since this first post.

Comment

ISGMe We paid 3dCart to customize our stores to capture the funds, when the order status is updated from "processing" to "shipped". We had them add this function to the API.

Well worth the money!!! I'm sure they can do something similar for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X