Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Credit Card

Am I being thick?

When processing a telephone order the payment usually will be a credit / debit card, yet 3D Cart only shows offline payment methods of which a merchant account doesn't seem to be an option you can select in the configuration. So how do you accept a card for a phone order and process online seamlessly through 3D cart.

The software has a 'phone order' option so why does it not do the job properly? Support responded that I should pay for developer integration if I want this feature but frankly that seems silly, this should be there, it's 101 stuff and normal in the other carts I have used.

And you have a merchant account set up in your shop config?

I've it in the billing section of my admin panel and even the tutorial on offline orders shows the CC field.

https://support.3dcart.com/3dcart2/K...-a-phone-order

Comment

Originally posted by davidwills View Post
      Am I being thick?

When processing a telephone order the payment usually will be a credit / debit card, yet 3D Cart only shows offline payment methods of which a merchant account doesn't seem to be an option you can select in the configuration. So how do you accept a card for a phone order and process online seamlessly through 3D cart.

The software has a 'phone order' option so why does it not do the job properly? Support responded that I should pay for developer integration if I want this feature but frankly that seems silly, this should be there, it's 101 stuff and normal in the other carts I have used.
      You should be able to do this with no problem at all and take credit cards over the phone via the Phone Order system.

It's important to remember that neither Paypal Standard or Google Checkout are "Merchant Account", so you cannot take an order over the phone and pay with Paypal or Google Checkout since that would require you to login to the customer's account for these.

Paypal Pro is considered a Merchant Account that will allow you to do that and is definitely available in the UK. You could also create an Offline Method for Paypal orders available only via the Phone Order system and then send a paypal invoice to your customer directly from paypal if you prefer to use the Paypal Standard system.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Thanks Jimmy...

I've been back and forth with ticket support all day and you clarified in one posting on the forum. May I suggest this is added to the KB or made clearer in the control panel with the help pop-ups.

Comment

Working...
        X