PayPal Express & 3dCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Express & 3dCart

I know this been discussed before with no resolution, but I am getting way to many calls from people trying to check out using PP Express. Just had a call from a customer about 1 hour ago after spending about 3 hours with PP & 3dCart on the phone with now fix. Had someone call this weekend for the very same issue. Nobody even knows what it is, or who's fault it is.

The lady who had the problem today was kind enough to spend some time on the phone with me, trying to walk me through EXACTLY what is happening. She is a return customer, and has used PP Express in the past with no problem. So it does appear to be intermittent. I have looked back over time and other have reported the problem looking back as many as 2 years ago.

What happens, is:

Shopping Cart> PP Express Button> Login to PP> Confirm all personal info on PP> Continue> Is returned to my store> gets a little fuzzy here, but at some point is asked for phone # by 3dCart but there is not place> Hopefully they don't give up and call me instead.

I watched someone just last night trying to place an order. They were back and forth, back and forth, back and forth between page 3 and page 3 checkout. Never were successful and they never called:{

Interesting thing about the lady today, is that she tried to go back and use a credit card to complete her order. She filled in the address stuff and then clicked to add the actual CC #, and it finished the PP Express order!!

Now that I think about it, that happened to be a week or two ago, when someone had called, same issue. I was going to complete her order over the phone with a CC, and when I went to the CC page it completed her order through PP Express without me even doing anything, and this was some time after she had tried. I just found her order in Not Completed and went from there.

If there are others who are experiencing it please call 3dCart so they can look for a permanent fix. This is ridiculous that something like this goes on for years and people are loosing sales.
    AvaBaby's Preemie & Newborn Boutique
    EcoBaby Chic Organics
    doTerra Origins Essential Oils

I had so many problems with paypal express - supposedly changing your settings in paypal to require phone number at check out was supposed to fix this -however I never found that to be the case and had to delete paypal express completely from the coding so customers have to use the traditional check out.

Comment

We use PayPal express with no problems. We have a button on the shopping cart, and a button on Checkout-3.
      We receive many orders per day via PayPal, and we hardly ever hear of an issue.

The one issue that causes confusion is when they are sent back to the shipping page after already going there, however no other issues are reported.

Comment

"E",

We had the very same problem. Switched to 1-page checkout to get the order. Returning from Paypal the landing page is one page past where a phone number can be put in. But, asks (errors out) for the phone number. No way to get back to the previous address page to do so. Customer is stuck at this point.

Jon at The G1 Gallery

Comment

You may not realize if you are loosing customers. I also get many PayPal customers a day, and I also have a program that I can watch traffic in real time, page by page. I watched someone over the weekend trying and trying and trying to check out. They finally gave up, unfortunately they never called, so I likely lost the sale.

The problem is intermittent we have learned. In between the misses I do have many competed sales using PP.

I am now trying this. Tech support by way of email, not the phone guys, told me that a phone # is required in 3dCart. So when PP sends back to 3dCart there is no phone #, BECAUSE we are told not to require it in PP. (I was told that probably 4 times during the day while trying to fix this). This new guy told me to REQUIRE a phone # in PP and it will carry that back to 3d
          Cart. So I am giving it a try, so far, no phone calls and it has been 3 days. Here's to hoping:}
          EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

I'm not sure that information from support is accurate. I've always required a phone number through PP and I still have occasional issues with paypal payments and get calls from customers experiencing problems. I watched over the weekend as several people struggled with paypal payments (through woopra). I was lucky enough to catch one in live chat and one telephoned me, so the sales were saved, but I see occasional problems with PP (express) even though I require the phone number.

Comment

Yeah, not sure it will help or not. So far still no phone calls. Did the people you were able to intercept having problems, was their checkout issue the same one? being sent back and asked for a phone # and nowhere to put one?
              EcoBaby Chic Organics

Comment

I don't use the multiple checkout screen (single page no issues with paypal) but if they are erroring out because of a phone number would it be an option to add the phone number field on the final checkout page? They can then update it if it is missing and checkout normally

Comment

Originally posted by EcoBaby1 View Post
                  Yeah, not sure it will help or not. So far still no phone calls. Did the people you were able to intercept having problems, was their checkout issue the same one? being sent back and asked for a phone # and nowhere to put one?
                  They would get directed back for a phone number with no place to put it and then get "trapped" in a loop they said. I'm going to try to replicate it and see if leaving the phone number off causes the same issue for me, or have a friend do it because when I tried last and attempted to use PP of course it said I was attempting to use the seller's paypal and it directed me to sign in with a different login for PP DUH You'd think I would have thought of that before I tried it

Comment

The endless loop is definitely the same intermittent issue I am hearing from customers. Of course some have made it work by entering their phone number in PP (at least the ones who respond and recognize it is needed.)

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just want to share our experience with this PayPal issue. We used to have a 4-page checkout process and we run into this endless loop issue.

The main problem was customers clicked the "check out with PayPal" at the view cart page. As you all know, it sends you to PayPal to sign in and then goes back to your site. Well, when the customer landed back in our site, the "check out with PayPal" option was missing at the very last checkout step. They just had the credit card payment option so they were not able to see the final "check out button" that you have to click to place the order. So you got in an endless and painful loop.

I don't know if it is the same issue some people are having, but we decided to change to a single-page checkout and everything works fine now.

Comment

I use one page checkout and I had a customer run into this problem today.

Support has no idea how to fix it, or what the problem is.

Comment

It was because the customer didn't have their phone number entered.

But the cart doesn't alert the customer to this fact when they choose "PayPal" as their payment method.

I told the customer service rep at 3dcart that they should fix this, so that it alerts the customer of the missing (AND REQUIRED) info, and he said that "It would be nice".... LOL.

Don't hold your breath people.... I don't think 3dcart trains their staff to report bugs in the software to be fixed. I have a feeling he will just be moving on to the next caller, and throwing my bug fix request in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by superdetail View Post
                            It was because the customer didn't have their phone number entered.

But the cart doesn't alert the customer to this fact when they choose "PayPal" as their payment method.
                            If you don't mind getting your hands a bit dirty, it should be possible to add some javascript to the checkout page to alert the user in this situation.

Originally posted by superdetail View Post
                            Don't hold your breath people.... I don't think 3dcart trains their staff to report bugs in the software to be fixed. I have a feeling he will just be moving on to the next caller, and throwing my bug fix request in the toilet.
                            Yeah, this is kinda the biggest problem with 3DCart. I don't think I have ever seen a user-reported problem actually get jumped on and fixed.

Comment

There is a KB that covers the issue, but it's really simple to fix this problem.

1) Login to your PayPal account by going to www.PayPal.com
                              2) Click "Profile" on the top menu bar.
                              3) Under "Selling Preferences", click "Website Payment Preferences".
                              4) Under "Contact Telephone Number", make sure you choose "On (Required Field)".
                              5) Click "Save" at the bottom of the page.

By doing this, Paypal will always send the phone number back to the checkout process and customers won't have any issues completing the order.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                              X