No announcement yet.

PayPal Express & 3dCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the 3DCart checkout process, as it is setup by default, requires a phone number, so if PayPal doesn't pass one to it then an error will occur.

So the solutions are either to make PayPal also require a phone number, or remove 3DCart's phone number requirement, which is a javascript modification to the template files. This has been covered in more detail in the forum in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jez View Post
      I'm assuming you don't use a shipping method which requires a delivery phone number - otherwise, you would need the number for shipping purposes, right?
      We ship UPS packages all the time without a phone number using UPS World Ship and UPS does not require a phone number.

Fedex does and we just use our phone number if there isn't one from the customer.
      Nathan
      www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
        So the solutions are either to make PayPal also require a phone number, or remove 3DCart's phone number requirement, which is a javascript modification to the template files. This has been covered in more detail in the forum in the past.
        Yep I have done that (I think it is my post you might be referring to on how to remove it).

At this point I think there is still something on 3dcarts end (i.e. ASP pages) that is causing the issue and perhaps not requiring the phone number still triggers something that sends the customer into a loop.

I will be turning on the phone number requirement and see if the issues disappears (that said we get PayPal orders all the time without a phone number on the order that go through just fine so only some PayPal customers are affected by this).
        Nathan
        www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
        X