Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suddenly Unable to Process Any Payments (Paypal Merchant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly Unable to Process Any Payments (Paypal Merchant)

I use paypal as my merchant account and accept paypal and credit cards. Out of nowhere my website is rejecting any payments. When I run a test charge on the admin end I get :

Error (code 103) occurred trying to test payment gateway. Please, try again.
    Technical description: A certificate is required to complete client authentication

I have two webstores via 3dcart with the same paypal authentication credenitals (have for 5 years no problem) and one site is taking payments just fine and one is not. Paypal and 3dcart support have not been able to find the problem so far and we are going on 3 days with out being up and running. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

I have already tried to delete and re-add my payment method in the admin - this did not work. Thinking about deleting my API info at paypal and getting a new set of credentials but I don't want to mess up my website which is running okay.

We use Paypal but haven't encountered any problems like you are describing. You may be onto something with getting a new API. Good luck. That must be incredibly frustrating!
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I'm afraid to remove my API and get a new one in the event that it screws up the site that is currently working. Also verified with paypal that credentials are good and they are not getting any relays from the site when an order is placed so payment is being rejected before it even tries to contact paypal. Going on day 5 with no payments on our site - frustrating is definitely one word of many to describe :(

Comment

Try opening a trial site and test your PayPal credentials there to see if they work.
        OR
        You can open a 2nd PayPal account and get new credentials (this way you can leave your other site alone), however note that PayPal will not let you use the same bank account.

Comment

I already have another website that uses my paypal credentials and it is working. I did apply for a new paypal with a new merchant account but I can't be more clear about the fact that it is not paypal. I currently use website payments pro but applied for payflow on the second account to see if that will work. That takes 2 days which adds more days to my site being down. I am going to lose 20% of my month.

Comment

I suggest contacting Paypal and 3DCart support.

Posting on this forum does not guarantee solutions for your issues; it is not meant for support. We try to help with our experiences to help with any issues, but not all of us have the same scenarios or have had the same experience with PayPal/3DCart. We are merchants just like you.
            Elegant Weddings +
            www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
            www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Yes contacting them was my first course of action but 3dcart has not been able to do anything about it and paypal has been able to confirm that the setup is correct and also that they aren't receiving relays from the site when you try to process payment which means the cart isn't even attempting to connect to paypal.

I posted on here in hopes that if someone had a similar issue they may be able to tell me what their course of action was, and that was the only reason.

Also I think all customers and potential customers should be aware that your site payment could go down for days and your hands will be tied.

Comment

Paypal problems on this end today with our cart also. Cutsomer gets to paypal and when returned to 3d's cart continues in a loop.

Comment

:( that sucks - we're not even getting to paypal and we are entering day 6 with out sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                    Paypal problems on this end today with our cart also. Cutsomer gets to paypal and when returned to 3d's cart continues in a loop.
                    Evolution,

I really feel for this person and they don't seem to be getting much help. I started reading this thread because a few of us were beginning to have problems between 3dcart and paypal. I began to wonder if somehow they were related. May not be as ours seems to revolve around the landing page post-paypal and no phone number being entered with no way to return to enter a phone number.

See this thread.

Jon at www.g1gallery.com

Gonzalo Gil if you're monitoring you may want to have one of your folks look at the Paypal issues. Thanks
                    Last edited by g1gallery; 05-03-2012, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillingerink View Post
                      I use paypal as my merchant account and accept paypal and credit cards. Out of nowhere my website is rejecting any payments. When I run a test charge on the admin end I get :

Error (code 103) occurred trying to test payment gateway. Please, try again.
                      Technical description: A certificate is required to complete client authentication

I have two webstores via 3dcart with the same paypal authentication credenitals (have for 5 years no problem) and one site is taking payments just fine and one is not. Paypal and 3dcart support have not been able to find the problem so far and we are going on 3 days with out being up and running. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

I have already tried to delete and re-add my payment method in the admin - this did not work. Thinking about deleting my API info at paypal and getting a new set of credentials but I don't want to mess up my website which is running okay.
                      I checked into this with our support department, and there was definitely a ticket open with our team, this was escalated to Paypal and I just got confirmation that it's working now. I don't have the details but I believe the issue was associated with the same Paypal Pro account being used on 2 different websites and they had to tweak something on their end.

I encourage any other merchants experiencing problems with their payment methods to open a support ticket. Unless you also have 2 websites running with the same Paypal PRO credentials, I doubt you're experiencing the same issue reported here.

Jimmy Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
                      X