enabling 'CC on file' for USAePay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enabling 'CC on file' for USAePay

When we first set up our store, we used authnet (i think). and during testing we verified that once a customer has paid with a credit card, subsequent orders offered a radio button during checkout to "use card on file".

somewhere along the way we switched to USAePay.

After months of use, we were talking with a customer just today who said "It sure would be nice if I didn't have to enter my card info every time."

Sure enough, using USAePay the option is now missing.

I recall checking for compatibility before we switched, and sure enough I was able to locate this doc:

http://forums.3dcart.com/announcemen...ch-2012-a.html

search for "card on file" on that page and you'll see the entry:

312-i008 Payment Gateways
    Token support for Autoship and "Credit Card on File" added for Usaepay, Paymentech and Securenet.

So, it appears support for the function is there. Is there anything I need to do to re-enable 'card on file'?

thanks.

Try our Tech Support Team

Hey Dibble,
    Thanks for the note. My name is Bryan Shaw, and I'm 3dcart's new Community Manager. Have you tried calling our tech support department? 1-800-828-6650. I'm sure they can help resolve this matter in no time.
    Keep me posted, and let us know how it goes.
    Thanks for using 3dcart, and enjoy the weekend.
    Cheers,
    Bryan

Comment

Good to see some official presence here finally. Might I suggest that the "community" will benefit more by the providing of answers rather than Just pointing people to tech support.

Comment

I don't know about USAePay, but with Authorize.net it is an added service for a monthly fee (from Auth.net, not 3dcart). We have to sign up for the Customer Information Manager (CIM) add-on to activate the Card on File feature.

In the settings > Payment > online Methods, there is a checkbox to activate CIM

Comment

BTW, hoosierdraft I thought you were a bit harsh on Bryan replying to one of his first posts on the forum! There should be a honeymoon period :)

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
            BTW, hoosierdraft I thought you were a bit harsh on Bryan replying to one of his first posts on the forum! There should be a honeymoon period :)
            Oh my, harsh? Will take that to heart. I'm all for honeymoons as well. :)

Comment

Dibble,
              One of our support team members is looking into this, and he/she may reach out to you directly.
              Stay tuned... and thanks for your support.
              Bryan

Comment

Working...
              X