X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lea Walsh
    replied
    Originally posted by damiencaz View Post
    Does anyone have a list of merchants that will store credit card information for customers? We are moving to a new merchant in a few months and want to make sure we go with one that can do this for us. Thank You
    Stripe is supposed to do this and they don't charge a fee for it either like Authorize.net does. I'm in the process of trying to launch Stripe and while it was very easy to set up and get it functional, i.e., collect payments, I haven't been able to get the saved credit card function and one click checkout to work properly yet. I currently have an open ticket on it. I really hope that this can work as it's supposed to because it looks very promising.

There is also something else called V.me that was developed by Visa. I have it personally and really love it. You can set it to alert you every time your credit card is charged or over a certain amount, etc. This will store credit card information for free also. The problem is that 3D doesn't offer it and I haven't been able to find anyone else who does. Authorize.net is also a member of that same Visa family and they are supposedly going to offer it in the future (at least that's what they told me), but nobody can give me a time table. I also don't know how that would impact Authorize.net's current CIM system that charges $20.00 a month for that same service. I even contacted the sales team at V.me and they haven't been helpful either. It's a great product that they don't seem to want to market.

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    Originally posted by Davef View Post
    Well, dang. Just read the CIM info. Need a web developer to install.
    It is integrated with 3dcart, no need for a developer. There is also a CIM dashboard/screen on Auth.net

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    No you don't. Just enable the CIM in Authorize.net, and check the box on your payment method settings.

Leave a comment:

• windycityparrot
    replied
    Store CC Info

thank you @eightbox that was most helpful information

Leave a comment:

• Davef
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    Do you need CIM from Authorize.net to do that? I thought I read that you couldn't see their credit card number even with CIM. And I believe that the Virtual Terminal requires full credit card number.
    If you have CIM, it will let you make a charged to a save Card Profile, no need for the full number.

Leave a comment:

• Davef
    replied
    Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
    Well, what I mean is that the customer won't have to call in their card number. They can email you that they want to change their order and you can take care of it from the back end pretty easily.
    Do you need CIM from Authorize.net to do that? I thought I read that you couldn't see their credit card number even with CIM. And I believe that the Virtual Terminal requires full credit card number.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    Well, what I mean is that the customer won't have to call in their card number. They can email you that they want to change their order and you can take care of it from the back end pretty easily.

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    cbsteven, I think you missed this part:
    so that they don't need to call us?
    No, the customer cannot edit their order after it is placed.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    If a customer changes their mind and upgrades to a more expensive configuration, they have to call in with their cc#. Is there anyway that we can do this for them so that they don't need to call us? (We use Authorize.net but don't have CIM.)
    Yes, you can go to the order and select Virtual Terminal and add a charge.

Leave a comment:

• Davef
    replied
    If a customer changes their mind and upgrades to a more expensive configuration, they have to call in with their cc#. Is there anyway that we can do this for them so that they don't need to call us? (We use Authorize.net but don't have CIM.)
    Last edited by Davef; 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: More information

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    The credit card information is stored at Authorize.net and you have no access to the numbers.
    If a customer is signed in and uses a credit card, it is automatically saved (in my opinion, it should be optional).
    They can edit it or delete it on their account page (numbers are not shown). The next time they shop, an option will show up that says "Credit Card on File", they can just tick the radio button and finalize the order.
    Customers that have their cards stored at Auth.net, can be charged on Auth.net against this card even months later.

Auth.net also offers the option to charge a card that was previously used by a customer whether their card is saved or not. This option is called re-billable transactions. It is handy for back orders.

Leave a comment:

• windycityparrot
    replied
    Cim?

Where's the CC info stored and how is it accessed?

Leave a comment:

• damiencaz
    replied
    Great, thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• elightbox
    replied
    We use Authorize.net and we pay a bit extra for their Customer Information Manager CIM, which is integrated with 3dcart. This only works for customers that sign up for an account on your site. If they do not have an account, CIM will not save their card info. Many regular customers use this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X