Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fraud preventing solutions research

Hi,
    Going to open my store soon and looking for fraud preventing solutions.
    At Stripe web site they are suggesting Kount, Siftscience and Riskfied.
    Riskfied is even giving a warranty for charge backs after their approval to be covered with no questions asked.

Did somebody used any of this or any other solutions and how they perform?

I did not use any of these.

The only thing I would caution against is that too many false positives would cut into sales and upset customers.

Comment

I am a fan of 3DCart's optional plugin FraudWatch. Although I do think it is priced too high for what it does, it is pretty flexible and effective in creating rules for what you want to do.

It does require you to have experience with what rules you need to create though.
      Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 07-09-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I also checked FraudWatch but the other solutions I posted especially Riskfied are automatic processes and giving a warranty against charge backs. At least this is what they offer I have no experience at all so for me it sounds great if it automatic process and doesn't require additional time for review unless there are too much false signals.

Comment

Originally posted by brz View Post
          I also checked FraudWatch but the other solutions I posted especially Riskfied are automatic processes and giving a warranty against charge backs. At least this is what they offer I have no experience at all so for me it sounds great if it automatic process and doesn't require additional time for review unless there are too much false signals.
          Does Riskified integrate with 3DCart? If not it won't be very much help in automating this.

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
            Does Riskified integrate with 3DCart? If not it won't be very much help in automating this.
            Waiting for answer from them.
            Just got an answer and they have direct integration with 3dcart and 0.7% fee per approved transaction for USA transactions and 2.4% if you go for international orders.

I can't say if this is good price but if they help in accepting more orders is definitely a huge plus and I'm really thinking to try them when I open my store.

Siftscience are really cheap, actually free for under 10 000 transactions and they offer help for integrating with 3dcart but they give no warranty for approved transactions.
            Last edited by brz; 10-15-2014, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Authorize.net fraud controls are 9.99 a month. One more reason to use them, that and they have doing it the longest and are the largest.
              www.gogglesandglasses.com

Comment

Originally posted by Goggles View Post
                Authorize.net fraud controls are 9.99 a month. One more reason to use them, that and they have doing it the longest and are the largest.
                I'm not really a fan of the Authorize.net fraud controls. The settings are not very fine tuneable, it's only good for blocking really outlandish charges with mis-matched billing addresses, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by brz View Post
                  That's all well and good, but if you sell expensive goods, then the chargeback fee is the least of your problems. For us, the merchandise loss on a fraud order far outweighs the chargeback fee.

Comment

If you rely heavily on a third party service - be it Fraud Watch, Kount, Riskified, etc - then you are handling anti-fraud incorrectly.

The absolute best thing you can do to protect yourself from fraud is educate yourself. Learn how payment transactions work so you can see the components and not just the whole. Learn from other store owners and consultants by participating in forums like these. Become an expert so you don't have to hire one, because there's no substitute for a store owner who knows every trick and engages in continuing education. Software that color-codes a transaction or generates some sort of arbitrary fraud number can guide you, but don't let that be THE thing that buffers your business from fraud. Fraud prevention is hands-on, not hands-off.
                    - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Dean,
                      Sure it's better when you educate yourself but everything is time consuming so it's all about time and money. If it's cheaper to get 3rd party service for me is worth it.
                      Especially when someone is just starting there are so many things to learn and service like Riskfied can be very helpful from my point of view, since they are covering all charge back fees and price for the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by onering View Post
                        That's all well and good, but if you sell expensive goods, then the chargeback fee is the least of your problems. For us, the merchandise loss on a fraud order far outweighs the chargeback fee.
                        They also cover merchandise not just the fees.

Comment

I checked into Riskified and you have to know how to configure an API and make html change to integrate it with 3dcart. The sales rep that I was emailing with didn't recommend it because 3dcart was to unstable - what ever that means.
                          Susan's Green Marketplace
                          Natural, Organic and Eco-Friendly Products
                          http://www.susansgreenmarketplace.com

Comment

Working...
                          X