Google Checkout Not Calculating Shipping Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Checkout Not Calculating Shipping Fees

Is anyone having the same problem as I am with Google Checkout? For some reason it still will not calculate the shipping charges when a purchase is made. I originaly had my shipping set by weight and have switched it to calculate by total value. However, the result remains the same.

If anyone has a suggestion on how to correct this I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. Sales tax is calculated correctly but shipping is not passed along.

Comment

Any updates on this? It seems to still be happening.

Comment

Has this been resolved?

I'm considering adding Google Checkout to my payment options. Has the issue with not adding shipping costs been fixed?

Thanks,
        SHZ

Comment

As far as I can tell, it seems fixed. We are doing a ton of Google Orders (for us) and they are calcing shipping correctly.

HTH,

DaveW

Comment

Last two Google Checkout orders for me did not calculate shipping. With one of them, it worked out okay since the customer was local and decided to pick her order up. But on the other one, I had issues adding it. I don't know how to add to the "charge" in my account with Google...so what I ended up having to do was sending them a Google invoice/bill for the shipping charges, and then they okayed that particular charge.

I'm still learning...so I probably did things the hard way. I'm sure I'll learn the easier way with time...I just wish business would pick up so that I could get more experience.

Comment

This seems to be an issue for us, too. It does mostly add our "generic" shipping charge, which I prefer not to use, but, at times, it only adds one cent- thinking that we are offering free shipping over $100 even though they only spend $30.

Hopefully this is fixed.

Comment

I finally decided to add Google Checkout and discovered the same problem. I added it like everyone else - to increase my conversions, but am thinking that I'll have to disable it until the problem is resolved.

Anyone know what the problem could be or submit a support ticket for this...and received an answer? Seems to me it has something to do with having the Google Checkout button on Checkout step 1 - before the shipping calculation page. But then again this makes sense so that the customer has a faster checkout.

DaveW you said that everything is working fine for your store - did you follow the 3dcart integration instructions? Did you have to configure anything within Google to get the shipping to be added?

Comment

It all seems pretty random- sometimes the "generic" shipping shows up, sometimes not. We had one order that was able to choose an APO address, with UPS Ground, and it was a really heavy order- and came to $8 shipping!

THAT is a problem. The rest was pretty small- but we can't lose on shipping that badly.

Comment

Originally posted by ScribeTime View Post
                    DaveW you said that everything is working fine for your store - did you follow the 3dcart integration instructions? Did you have to configure anything within Google to get the shipping to be added?
                    Looking over my old tickets, it did not work at first. I didn't change anything, but it started working during the discourse of explaining the issue to support.

When it wasn't working, I was getting the following error:

Error parsing XML; message from parser is: Invalid value for body of shippable in merchant-calculation-results/results/result: Required field must not be blank
                    Warnings: XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 1, column: 1, with error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.
                    XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 1, column: 1, with error: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'shippable' is not valid.
                    XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 1, column: 1, with error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.
                    XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 1, column: 1, with error: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '' of element 'shippable' is not valid.
                    XML failed to validate against the schema at line: 1, column: 1, with error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.2.1: '' is not a valid value for 'boolean'.
                    So, I'd say send a ticket in.

DaveW

Comment

When a user clicks the Google Checkout button and enters their address on Google's site, Google sends a request back to 3dCart for shipping rates - this request includes the customer's address, which 3dCart then uses to calculate rates. Google gives 3dCart three seconds to do this calculation (and to possibly go get real-time rates from UPS, FedEx, etc) - if 3dCart does not return the rates within three seconds, it uses the default values it was originally given. You can read Google's reason for this here:

http://checkout.google.com/support/s...82&ctx=sibling

Is three seconds enough? Obviously, no. If 3dCart could calculate the rates without having to connect anywhere else, yes - but, needing to send the info over to UPS, get its response, and then send it back to Google - well, obviously it's right on the edge of 3 seconds, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't... :(

Comment

this happened to me again (just got an order and no shipping was calculated). How do the rest of you (whom it has happened to) fix it or each particular order. If the shipping was calculated correctly, I would just click the "capture" button in my stores Admin panel, or log directly into Google to charge out the order.

My problem is this...I haven't figured out how to "add to" the total that has been authorized by Google. When I log in, there isn't a place to "edit" the amount...only to "charge card" for the original amount.

And if I add the shipping charges in the store admin, it doesn't really help since the amount that was authorized by Google Checkout does not include the recently added charges, and if I were to click on the capture button there, I'm assuming it would just capture the amount originally authorized.

Any help would be appreciated. Hopefully I made sense :)

Comment

Google Timing Out

Folks: Our Google connection tied out today and July 18. Shipping rates are not correctly calculated. If you are having this problem go to your Google account, click on Tools, then Integration Console. The cause of the problem will be posted. We have notified 3dcart Tech support of the issue today. For everyone's information.
                          Catty Corner

Comment

Working...
                          X