Question regarding Authorize.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Authorize.net

I have my site set up with Authorize.net. I read (here in the forums) about the pros/cons of just authorizing a transaction until shipping (which I would then capture it).

How do I set this up here? I figured out how to set it it so that when someone makes a purchase, the CC info is Authorized...but is there some way to automate the "capturing" upon shipping (or will I have to do that manually).

Does anyone have any experience with doing this or have any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Inviting Ways; 12-20-2007, 11:54 AM.

you can set it up to automatically capture with each transaction made, but as for a mechanism to automatically capture when an item ships out, i don't believe this exists. You can capture from the admin panel if you haven't found that yet.

(Ive realized that any automatic capturing of anything is not a good idea)

If that is tiresome because of the large number of orders you can do a batch capture on the authorize.net website.

Comment

Thanks!

When you say that I can capture from the Admin panel...are you referring to the admin panel on 3DCart or Authorize.net. I see where I can capture when logged into Authorize.net...but don't see a place for this here on 3DCart.

Thanks again.

Comment

you can capture from 3dcart.

click on the order number
        scroll down till you get to the Transactions box.
        Click on "Detaills", capture transaction.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X