PayPal Payments Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal Payments Pro

Anyone using PayPal Payments Pro? We use PP Express & authorize.net processing with Chase paymentech. PayPals new deal is ALL credit card transactions including Amex fund instantly. We're deploying next week as closing the funding timeline window may solve some problems (while creating other small ones) but having instant access to all your money is about as good as it gets

Yup. We have used Paypal since 2005, and have been very happy with them.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Switched to them 3 years ago for the exact same reason and have been very happy as well.

If you can pay vendors/bills with credit card, you can use the PP Debit Mastercard against the PP balance and you get 1% cash back at the end of the month. No BS, you just get it.

We pay the majority of our vendors and bills with a card and this cashback gets our effective card processing cost down to less than 1.8% most months.

DaveW

Comment

If you can pay vendors/bills with credit card, you can use the PP Debit Mastercard against the PP balance and you get 1% cash back at the end of the month. No BS, you just get it.

We pay the majority of our vendors and bills with a card and this cashback gets our effective card processing cost down to less than 1.8% most months.
        Same here since 2005, very happy

Comment

what a mess - paypal payments pro

we have been using the paypal payments pro to capture credit card sales since last Thursday. Paypal turned it on but didn't setup the settlement reports so we don't have one available for 3/14. You can't get batch reports like you do with most processors so reconciling your sales to deposits is very difficult. We also can't capture only express checkout payments so some payments deposit each night and others don't. It's really not worth it unless both 3dcart and paypal get their act together. This will be a nightmare for you or your accountant.

Comment

PayPal Payments Pro

@[email protected] -

You have it set up wrong - we are using Pay Pal Express checkout AND PayPal Payments Pro - it's actually slicker than snot.

You are using PayPal Payflow Pro (I know this because you are "settling" transactions) what you want is PayPal Payments Pro - with PayPal Payments Pro there is no "settlement" all the credit card funds show up within 2 minutes just like a PayPal transaction

Talk to

Joey Rickard / Account Executive
            PayPal / MERCHANT SERVICES
            Direct 402.952.8493/ Toll Free 866.445.3167 (Ext) 38493 / Fax 877.605.6881
            Skype Joey.Rickard2010

Hours 8-5 CST (M–F)
            Business Support / 888.215.5506
            Integration Support / 888.210. 4901 8–6 CST (M–F)

He did a screen share and set me up quickly - he can straighten your PayPal/3Dcart issue out

My only knock on the product is that we've been taking PayPal for 11 years - even though we expense out 6 figures annually via PayPal and the PP debit card we still pay more than 100 bills monthly through our bank account (rent and vendors who give us a discount for not paying with a credit card).

The service (PayPal Payments Pro) is $30 per month in addition to 2.2% + .30 per transaction - the problem is an ATM withdrawal is $4.00 - transfer to our bank account is free but take 2 business days. Since we already get our authorize.net funding in one business day I'm switching between the 2 Gateways.

Last Friday a customer spent $500 in our retail store - I ran the credit card thru the PP virtual terminal and had cash that I sorely need for the weekend via ATM then I sent all website sales for the weekend thru authorizenet so the money flowed into our bank giving me the ability to pay bills by issuing ACH checks on Monday. I'll switch back (to PayPal Payments Pro) late Tuesday to build money in PayPal quicker (we already get about 30% of our payments in PP)

It's a judgement call on your part
            Last edited by windycityparrot; 03-18-2013, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hi windycityparrot, thanks for the reply. I may have an inexperienced salesperson at paypal, but she had told me I could combine payments pro and express in one nightly settlement. This is possible if we do not check settlement only. We do over $500K in credit card sales and $200K in paypal payments. If we have the option to to capture each transaction manually, then we can close out the day and reconcile with our accounting the next morning. I was clear that this is what we wanted from paypal and they promised they could do it. Paypal blames 3dcart for not allowing authorize only on express. Someone at 3dcart sent paypal instructions on how to set this up, but it doesn't work.

I think there is a way for us to make something work. I may need to setup 2 paypal accounts. We thought switching to paypal for credit card processing would make things easier as all of our transactions would deposit together, but instead the process is much more cumbersome. Paypal only offers settlement reports in csv files. You must open them in excel and then format them to give you the totals. We can have up to 100 orders settle each day, so you can see how difficult it is to reconcile.

Thanks again for the contact. I will get with them tomorrow and see what they suggest. Another issue to try and solve is that the order numbers aren't showing up in paypal. This seems to work only in PayPal PayFlow Pro , and not in express or payments pro. Again, paypal blames 3dcart.

I have gone back to our old processor until I can figure out how to make it work. Still waiting on reply from 3dcart sales department regarding custom integration.

Comment

Orders

Yes your PP rep is a bit confused - hopefully Joey can help you out -

Re: " Another issue to try and solve is that the order numbers aren't showing up in paypal. This seems to work only in PayPal PayFlow Pro , and not in express or payments pro. Again, paypal blames 3dcart."

for what it's worth here's my theory - we spent all of January & February going between Shipworks (shipping software) and 3dcart because some order numbers weren't showing up in Shipworks

The problem seems to be 3Dcart changed their API policy requiring ALL 3rd parties to use the 3Dcart API not just use their own - I know PayPal is not from a recent conversation.

Until PayPal adopts the 3Dcart API the older PayPal API will continue to call (now) outdated scripts from your store. when that happens some of the CSS gets corrupted and the "orders call" (I forget the exact term) function gets missed thus the orders don't migrate. Once Shipworks installed the 3Dcart API all the problems went away and the kids on the playground stopped shouting at each other.

Comment

Great Resource!

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post

Talk to

Joey Rickard / Account Executive
                  PayPal / MERCHANT SERVICES
                  Direct 402.952.8493/ Toll Free 866.445.3167 (Ext) 38493 / Fax 877.605.6881
                  Skype Joey.Rickard2010

Hours 8-5 CST (M–F)
                  Business Support / 888.215.5506
                  Integration Support / 888.210. 4901 8–6 CST (M–F)
                  I have to second this--what a GREAT guy! I was really muddling through and he fixed me up in about 15 minutes, and very patient! :)

Comment

Working...
                  X