Problem with Payflow Pro Reference Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Payflow Pro Reference Transactions

Discovered an issue with Payflow Pro reference transactions. Our site is set to authorize at order and we capture when we process the order. Today we tried to capture a payment and got an error. When I checked our payment gateway, the payment was put through as a sale even though in the admin it showed as only authorized. I did a test order and verified that if a customer has a saved credit card, the transaction is processed as a sale but only shows as an authorization on the order.

Thanks for the heads-up. Have you opened a support ticket about this?
    Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
      Thanks for the heads-up. Have you opened a support ticket about this?

Yes, I did. I had to go back and forth to get my point across. Now I have had no response for almost a week now.

Comment

Now it has gone from bad to worse. Support finally responded and was asking for an example. I went to do a test order and got "Credit Card Error: Your credit card cannot be charged at this time". I even tried another card and received the same error. The initial transaction worked and would save the card info. However, when you try to place another order with the saved card, it fails. I am not sure if it is related to the 6.7 update and/or Payflow Pro specifically, but you may want to test reference transactions if you have them enabled.

Comment

I thought customers could NOT save credit cards? That's what support told me when I asked about it -- or are you referring to saved at PayPal?
          Joe Arbogast
          http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
            I thought customers could NOT save credit cards? That's what support told me when I asked about it -- or are you referring to saved at PayPal?

No, 3dcart does support reference transactions for certain gateways. With the release of version 6.6 they started to support our gateway Payflow Pro. In your online payment method for your gateway, if it is supported there is a check box that reads, “Enable Billing Agreement / Reference Transactions”. You also might have to enable reference transactions on your gateway as well.

With that enabled, a token is saved to their account to use for future transactions against that card. The following are issues I have encountered with it enabled on my gateway:

1. It automatically saves the token for every customer. There is no option for the customer to opt out of saving it. Technically it is not a big issue. The actual card information is not being saved. Just a secure token that can only be used between your store and the gateway. However, from the customers perspective, it looks like you are saving their personal info without permission. I have been told they are working on an opt in/out option.

2. Saved credit card can't be selected from the phone order page. So if you have regular customers call in to order, they need to give you their credit card every time.

3. When a purchase is made using a saved credit card the order shows it as an authorization with a balance due, but the transaction actually came though as a sale. We encountered this when we were processing orders and we were unable to capture the authorization on one order. When I looked at my gateway logs, I found it was put through as a sale. I then verified the issue by placing a test order on my site using a saved credit card. This was the original reason for starting this thread as well as opening a ticket.

Of course my issue now is that the functionality is complete broken as I stated earlier.

Comment

ohc I just signed up with payflow pro and tried to integrate it. I get the same error when trying to use a saved card.

The error message on the uncompleted order after trying to use a saved card is "0 117 - Failed merchant rule check".

I find it hard to believe its an issue with everyone? Could really no one using 3dcart be using reference transactions with payflow?

I will report back what support says.

Comment

I just found this link: http://therealdanvega.com/blog/2013/...ant-rule-check

It seems you have to enable reference transactions in "Transaction Settings" in PayPal manager. It says settings will take effect in an hour, so I don't know if that worked yet!

Comment

Working...
                X