Visa Checkout/Masterpass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Checkout/Masterpass

I'm wondering if enabling these would be beneficial. Since 3dCart doesn't store customer credit cards -- and I think that's good as it limits liability somewhat -- but some customers dont' want to have to give cc numbers each time. How many are using either service and do they help conversions, do you think?
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

I have used it but i cant say that it has helped to increase/decrease the conversion rate. Most customers dont want to put in their CC info, but if its stored. It can put the at risk for fraud. For best PCI compliance. Never have the customers cc stored online. It may be a convince, but on line security is a must. I dont even accept orders over the phone with cc information for security reasons. The customer cant say that they gave you their info....then their card got compromised.

Comment

We use Authorize.net with CIM, it has an extra monthly fee. Any time a customer is logged in and they use a card, it is saved in their account. No actual numbers are save, only a token to Authorize.net.
      We have lots of customers that use saved cards, and I would imagine it is a great convenience.
      Three potential issues may be a problem, but we have not run into any issues, and we have been using this for over a year:
      1. The customer is not offered an option to save or not to save their card. It is just saved.
      2. A customer can leave their browser open and someone else can place an order with their saved card
      3. someone can hack a customer's account and place orders.

Comment

I was curious about this as well

I'll add it to my store and see if there is an increase in sales
        Last edited by nicolas_t; 08-27-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Choice Checks View Post
          I have used it but i cant say that it has helped to increase/decrease the conversion rate. Most customers dont want to put in their CC info, but if its stored. It can put the at risk for fraud. For best PCI compliance. Never have the customers cc stored online. It may be a convince, but on line security is a must.
          Your response is misleading. These checkout solutions are from Visa and MasterCard. They are PCI compliant. From our perspective, MasterPass is especially interesting because it appears to function like a gateway /merchant account. There are news articles about both Visa and MasterCard taking steps to stop fraudulent transactions in real time. The MasterPass web site mentions , as a benefit to merchants, "Advance Fraud protection while maintaining or increasing sales with powerful risk detection tools."
          Luxlife

Comment

Working...
          X