Authorize.net Reseller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorize.net Reseller?

Do you have a recommendation on resellers for Authorize.net? We've been receiving calls and thought I might look into it. Latest calls were from BAMS and Wells Fargo.
    http://www.authorize.net/solutions/m...llerdirectory/

Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 01-17-2019, 11:49 AM.

We have been using Transfirst for fifteen years. We had them for both Card Present, and our online store. Decent company. You can always get to help staff, and we have done several rate reviews over the years. You can PM me for specifics about rates if you wish.
    We get a base rate + some fixed fees + all the % fees from Visa/MC/discover. No per transaction charge. Authorize.net also charges their own fees+we pay for CIM (customer information manager for Saved Cards).
    Bottom line, all together we end up paying 2.9 - 3.25 depending on the month and the mix of cards.

Comment

Thanks Elightbox. From my research and one quote, it appears that the flat rate is cheaper than the tiered rate because most cards (reward points, etc) have a higher interchange rate. I've been with one Merchant provider for 5 years and another for 6 years. We are in a good negotiating position because of the monthly revenue and low returns. I sent you a pm.

Comment

Holy Smokes; those are high rates! I use Durango and have been with them since 2009. I have a flat rate of 2.3% for all cards except AMEX. It doesn't matter if they are rewards cards, debit cards, etc. Call Durango at 866-415-2636 and ask for Nathan Counley. Definitely tell him that Scott McKirahan sent you. I do special 1-on-1 training for an eCommerce training course and Nathan has special rates for my people. Better still, you can use the same account for multiple websites, so you'll never have to worry about a monthly fee for every website!

Comment

I elected to go with payment.depot. They offer a flat rate and special rates for my referrals. I have multiple websites too, and they combined them same as Scott. Setup and support are very good. If you want info, send me a pm.

Comment

Elavon, through Costco, has lower rates--1.99% for all cards. This rate includes American Express transactions under $3000. 3dCart is partly integrated with their Converge gateway (Virtual Merchant in the admin). More merchants should use them and request 3dCart do a full integration. MasterCard Securecode and Verified by Visa are included for free when integrated completely. 3dCart needs to pass the shopper's ip address to Converge/Virtual Merchant to at least give access to their build in fraud tools.

In February, PayPal settled a class action lawsuit. We received this notification by email:
            NOTICE OF CLASS-ACTION SETTLEMENT.
            https://image.paypal-communication.c...img_spacer.gif
            THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and Nov. 5, 2015. Certain Settlement Class Members who had a hold or reserve placed on their account and/or who had their account closed or suspended by PayPal are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form.

This notice summarizes the proposed settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the Settlement Agreement available at http://www.accountholdsettlement.com/ or by visiting the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE COURT OR THE COURT CLERK'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT OR THE CLAIM PROCESS.
            NOTICE OF CLASS-ACTION SETTLEMENT.
            THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and Nov. 5, 2015. Certain Settlement Class Members who had a hold or reserve placed on their account and/or who had their account closed or suspended by PayPal are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form.

This notice summarizes the proposed settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the Settlement Agreement available at http://www.accountholdsettlement.com/ or by visiting the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE COURT OR THE COURT CLERK'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT OR THE CLAIM PROCESS.
            Note that they improperly handled disputed transactions. We hinted at this in another forum post--we a considerable amount of money because of these con artists.

We suggest merchants move away from PayPal and find a way to get MasterCard Secure code and Verified by Visa. Though there are still issues with 3dCart's implementation, Visa Checkout and MasterPass can play an effective part in fraud prevention as these wallets continue to grow market share. American Express Checkout, which 3dCart has yet to support, is another digital wallet offering similar advantages. The advantage with these is the card companies are increasingly getting directly involved in fraud prevention.

Ideally, we would like to have all three wallets available for our customers and only allow checkout via one of them. All merchants should push for this. Remove PayPal and Pay with Amazon (the great spymaster who will sell your merchandise if they see you a making a lot sales) from your payment process.
            Last edited by Luxlife; 04-09-2016, 05:14 PM.
            Luxlife

Comment

Working...
            X