SQUARE vs STRIPE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQUARE vs STRIPE

Square is an awesome credit card processor and so is STRIPE if you want them holding your money for over a week and read the hundreds of horrible reviews about them

We tried setting up and using both - sign up was super easy on both but the payout schedules are worlds apart = and the saddest things is 3D cart is fully integrated with Stripe and not SQUARE - because if you have Square- you can not use the virtual terminal and you can not use the refund option because it won't work or make a record of it, in your order screen.

Obviously there is going to be no fix soon for Square which is a pity because they are far better than Stripe. But the fact that no one is willing to even look at the API that they offer or all the developer tools they offer and make it function properly is sad.(meaning the guys at 3D cart) Really if you go to Square they spell it all out for you (if your a developer) and give you everything you need.

Most merchants won't sign up for Stripe because they hold your money for about 8 days before your first payout - then you will be put on a 2 day rolling payout schedule which means Stripe at all times is holding onto at least 8 days worth of your sales. Yet Stripe is fully integrated with 3D cart and Stripe has hundreds of horrible reviews.

Square on the other hand pays out next day - and if its an emergency for an extra 1% will issue you your funds same day. Yet they are not integrated fully with 3D cart.

And why would you guys be pushing Square if you don't have it working all the way???

By picking STRIPE I think you guys picked the wrong processor to fully integrate.

Just my opinion
    Paul

Paul,
    Just wanted to let you know, with Square, if you do check the box to "save customer information" checkbox on the gateway setup, it will store a token of the customer's credit card, and then you can use the virtual terminal if you like. It won't resolve it for older orders, but moving forward, you would be able to do partial refunds or charges if you had that on. We are also working right now in integrating the POS solution, so that you can use Square POS for your retail store, while using 3dcart for your online store.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Hi Gil,
      Thank you for responding Gil but that's not what customer service told me - I was told I was basically out of luck.That I have to do the refunds from the dashboard on Square and enter it manually on the order side and that my subscriptions will no longer work either so the extra 20 bucks a months I pay for that is now a waste since the system won't recharge the customers going forward with any new subscriptions that are placed - i know the old ones will have to be redone but that app is now a waste.

I just wish 3D cart had paid a little more attention to integrating Square since we are only an online store not a brink and mortar. And what gets me is that it is so simple if you have access to the back end with all the tool square gives you, but to not be able to use the virtual terminal inside our online store is insane.

Comment

This is a new module, so, perhaps customer service wasn't fully up to date, however, i think that all you need to do is enable that setting, and, it would store the customer's credit card, and allow you to do everything you want, including recurring payments...

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...y-3dcart-store
        • Save the customer information for future transactions
          Use this checkbox to utilize Square's tokenization methods for recurring orders.
          Note: Be sure that your Square account is set up with the ability to use this feature.
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
          This is a new module, so, perhaps customer service wasn't fully up to date, however, i think that all you need to do is enable that setting, and, it would store the customer's credit card, and allow you to do everything you want, including recurring payments...

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...y-3dcart-store
          • Save the customer information for future transactions
            Use this checkbox to utilize Square's tokenization methods for recurring orders.
            Note: Be sure that your Square account is set up with the ability to use this feature.
          Not to pick a "fight" or anything, but WHY would customer service not be up to date? They're not up to date alot it seems and that seems odd to me, they are, after all, our first option, other than posting here and get others experiences, when a problem arises. I know there have been multiple multiple occasions I've gotten incorrect information from support. Maybe have a meeting with support when something is upgraded, etc so our time and phone call are not wasted getting inaccurate information?

Comment

You are correct, this is something we need to work on, the fact that support gave them the incorrect answer is 100% on us. The KnowledgeBase article is correct, and that's what should have been used to describe how the feature works. We are working internally to do more training before releasing a feature.
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Well I still can't get a straight answer out of 3D cart and maybe that was a blessing is disguise because we found a credit card processor that processes through Authorize.net (which I know is fully integrated with 3D cart no question - virtual terminal and all) and the rates blew me away - we currently use Bank of America as our processor and this company Fatt Merchant offers rates at .58% above interchange rates so a visa card can range anywhere from.08 if a debit to 1.9% same with MasterCard - Disc and Amex is about 1.9% to 2.2% - the 2.2% being Amex of course. Then they charge a .10 transaction fee and a $79 monthly membership fee - and there are 0 Authorize.net fees - unless you want the CIM manager in Authorize.net to manage your customers credit cards. I think 3D cart does it but right now I don't think customer service could give me a straight answer on that either, so I'll pay the $20 fee.

I have been in e-commerce for 18 years selling candy - and although 3D cart has major limitations on design the SEO structure of the site is far above any cart we have ever used for any of our business - with that said, we are moving our MAIN company to 3D cart within the month. We have won awards from Internet Retailer Magazine for the past 3 years in a row for design both desktop and mobile and we were the first in our industry to go responsive, for the one company we are moving over - but I know we won't win this year with 3D cart because of the design limitations, but the award only gets you a bunch of phone calls from sales reps anyhow, and a pretty plaque to hang on the wall to collect dust.

I think I saw some complaints about SEO and sluggish results - but I'll have to go read those posts and see if they are old or new - I personally have seen a little drop off on the SEO but I'm sure 3D cart will stay on top of that since that really is the corner stone of this cart.

Between a great rate on credit cards a strong cart on SEO and a below average cart for design - I hope we can still continue to do as well.

Comment

Working...
              X