Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart-William
    replied
    Birdsafe Thanks! this is a great find. If we come across this error with any merchant we will be sure to check this. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    started a topic Special Character "Bug"

Special Character "Bug"

Just thought I would post this FYI --

I have a customer who on three occasions could not get an order to complete - some weird payment error message kept popping up and we would always complete the order via phone and I would have to go to PayPal Pro Flow's virtual terminal to charge his card. I put in a ticket with 3dCart and they said it was a PayPal issue - it was their error.

Come to find out the customer put both his name and his wife's name in the First Name field using an ampersand ( & ) between the names. Well it turns out that the ampersand causes some or activity in payment processors, as I found this in PayPal's Developer's info:
    Using Special Characters In Values

Because the ampersand (&) and equal sign (=) characters have special meanings, they are invalid in a name-value pair value.

The following are invalid:

COMPANYNAME=Ruff & Johnson

I didn't get the error in Virtual Terminal because I would just enter one name in the first name field.

So if you get a strange denial for an order - check it for special characters in any of the fields.

Working...
X