No announcement yet.

Shift4 Acquires 3DCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone that switched to the new merchant service, how are they doing? I read some reviews about them and they weren't nice, although there weren't a lot of reviews in total.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_C. View Post
      For anyone that switched to the new merchant service, how are they doing? I read some reviews about them and they weren't nice, although there weren't a lot of reviews in total.
      I just received my application approval however when I went in to set it up and try test mode warnings popup that my custom checkout (a great checkout page from Shaun) is not compatible with Shift4. It appears I will need to have more custom work done on the checkout page unless I go back to the default 3dcart page which I do not want to do. Little disappointing since it is new Im not even sure if Shaun, or anyone else, would yet know what coding needs to be added.

checkout.jpg

Comment

You have to add the shift 4 code block to the checkout. Look for "<!--END: PPCREDIT-->" and paste the code right below that.

Code:
        <!--START: SHIFT4PAYMENTS-->
        <div class="shift4payments dpm-provider">
        <h4>
        <label for="online-[id]">
        <input onclick="javascript:checkoutSwitch(false);controlD ivPayment('[id]');" id="online-[id]" name="payment" type="radio" value="online-[id]" [FIRSTOPTIONCHECKED] />
        [payment_description]<!--START: payment_surcharge--><span class="payment_surcharge"> - [payment_surcharge] [shoppingcart_surcharge-on]</span><!--END: payment_surcharge-->
        </label>
        </h4>
        <div class="clear"></div>
        <div id="divPaymentOption[id]" name="divPaymentOption" style="display:none;">
        <div class="row cc-details">
        <div id="i4goFrame"></div>
        <!--START: SaveMyCC2-->
        <div class="ccgField col-sm-12" style="margin:15px 0 12px 0px">
        <input type="checkbox" id="ff[id]_savecc" name="ff[id]_savecc" value="1" />
        <label for="ff[id]_savecc">[checkout3_savecc]</label>
        <input type="hidden" name="ff[id]_saveccenabled" value="1" />
        </div>
        <!--END: SaveMyCC2-->
        </div>
        </div>
        </div>
        <!--END: SHIFT4PAYMENTS-->

Comment

Thank you but 3dCart got back to me and advised that since it will be using Authorize.net (which I currently use for my processor) I just need to change the credentials there so all should be fine. I wouldnt need to activate the Shift4 payment module.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_C. View Post
            It's very hard to get direct answers from 3dcart, myself and a few others I know keep getting contradicting answers from 3dcart. Plus there are other fees you will be paying with Shift4 that is not out in front of our noses from 3dcart before signing up for the End to End plan.

Jan
            Blu's Bird Toys

Comment

Some people have been told you can use paypal, some people have been told you can't use paypal. Some have been quoted 2.9% +0.30 per transaction, some were quoted the same but with monthly fees and annual charges. One person had the monthly fee reduced.

If they truly price match, as they say they will... there should not be any monthly or annual fees. Stripe nor paypal charge any monthly or yearly fees.

Comment

I was contacted to switch my shop over. It sounded great because I would get Pro features for free. I asked about what fees... I was told only there would be a 2.9% + $0.30 fee and that I would still be able to use PayPal Express.

However, once completing the merchant application, I read the fine print before signing the contract they sent over.

shift4 fees.jpg

So there is a $89.95 per year PCI Compliance fee, a service fee of $10, a Mastercard fee of $2.50, and a $25 fee if your sales are under a specific amount - I was advised that amount was $862 a month.

None of this was divulged to me until I was sent documents to sign. Sort of felt like they were hoping I would sign before reading.

When I pushed back, they offered to reduce the $10 service fee to $5 a month.

I have never been charged anything besides my processing fees by Square, Stripe, PayPal, or Braintree.
                Last edited by Mizzely; Yesterday, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Kinda makes you think the staff should have had a meeting before the announcement or.... maybe they are just trying to get what they can get from some stores and wheel and deal with the rest.

I know they are using the term "limited time" to get you to switch quickly but no where in the reading states this is a limited time offer.

Comment

Yes it definitely has made me rethink switching over to their new free plan since it seems people are getting different answers. Seems a bit like a bait and switch and is making me shop around with other hosts that are a bit more transparent. I can't find anything about these fees prior to giving them all of my sensitive information.

Comment

I did make the switch but we have a different rate setup. We are a higher risk group so we tend to have to pay a little more but they pretty much matched our current rates. The monthly minimum is $25.00 which we do with no problem. We do have the small monthly fee but these are all things we had already with our current processor. We do not use PayPal so regardless if we can or not doesnt matter to us so it was not a topic we really discussed. All in all I am paying a little but more on the sale but saving big on the hosting. This will even out when you consider slower months to higher volume months.

Comment

If I had been advised of the fees prior to being sold on the "free" plan then I would not be as suspicious as I am now. The fact that it only came up because I read the document before signing it, and that these fees are not shown anywhere else, makes me leary.

I also NEED PayPal for my site or I will lose customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzely View Post
                          Yes it definitely has made me rethink switching over to their new free plan since it seems people are getting different answers. Seems a bit like a bait and switch and is making me shop around with other hosts that are a bit more transparent. I can't find anything about these fees prior to giving them all of my sensitive information.
                          Did you happen to ask if you did switch, how your recurring orders would be handled? That's an awful lot of business to potentially lose when you tell them you have to cancel the orders and have them re subscribe. Does the new shift4 have the ability to update credit cards for recurring orders? You would think owning the company they would have the integration down... or not since none of them work it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Nutz View Post

Did you happen to ask if you did switch, how your recurring orders would be handled? That's an awful lot of business to potentially lose when you tell them you have to cancel the orders and have them re subscribe. Does the new shift4 have the ability to update credit cards for recurring orders? You would think owning the company they would have the integration down... or not since none of them work it seems.
                            Yes I did ask. I was told all my customers would need to update their payment information; since there currently is not a way to do this with any of the payment processors I've been using with 3dcart, all of my autoships would need to cancel and could then only go through Shift4. It's definitely a burden on the customer; not one I'm keen to impose on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzely View Post
                              If I had been advised of the fees prior to being sold on the "free" plan then I would not be as suspicious as I am now. The fact that it only came up because I read the document before signing it, and that these fees are not shown anywhere else, makes me leary.

I also NEED PayPal for my site or I will lose customers.
                              PayPal is important for a lot of merchants. We are in the gun accessory business and that is a business PayPal does not like. To many times our money was held because they didnt like something and had no understanding of what they didnt like...had to give them up. It is hard to tell by the comparison chart if you can or cannot use PayPal if you have them.

Comment

I know credit card processors have had various type of fees but much of that I though was actual store front businesses, many of us are online only.

My Question is: why does the Shift4Payments let you accept GPay & ApplePay, are they in a deal with Shift4? Obviously, PayPal isn't.. The thing is we are online so all transactions are digital so to speak as to where if you are a store front then it uses HarborTouch Hardware and Shift4Payments in the processor for credit cards.

Why has 3dcart not put forth all their imformation back in November or even when they just recently announced 3dcart changing their name to Shift4Shop. Why did their name even have to change?!

It's seems all be secretive in many ways.
                                Jan
                                Blu's Bird Toys

Comment

Working...
                                X