Recomended Merchant Accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomended Merchant Accounts?

Can anyone share their recommendation for a merchant account? I have used Innovative Merchant Solutions in the past can anyone recommend another processor? I looked into Costco looking for NOVA but they have been absorbed by Elavon.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-25-2008, 12:24 PM.

We use BankCard Services Worldwide for both of our stores and have been happy with them.

You can find out more information at:
    http://www.bankcardservicesworldwide.com/

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out. it's so tiring unveiling all the hidden fees from all the vendors. I recently tried the Costco program, and they had a $179 software fee. It's just a matter of determining which hidden fees are lowest. That's what I'm attempting now.
      Last edited by Mark; 07-25-2008, 12:25 PM.

Comment

nobody else has experiences to share?
        :confused:
        I know they all have fees that aren't readily disclosed, I'd just like to find a vendor that has the minimal amount of un-disclosed fees. :rolleyes:

Comment

I used a reseller for Authorize.net and thought they were pretty straight forward with fees etc., but I don't have any numbers handy to provide details so can't help too much with hidden fees.

Comment

I have a brick and mortar store as well, and have used Orbis Payment Services for a few years now. Don't have the numbers handy, but I find them to be very fair and never experienced any hidden fees. But the main thing...their customer service is some of the best I've ever had (in all types of business). They have bent over backwards for me in many ways, going way beyond what they needed to do. They are also an reseller of Authorize.net, so that's who I use as my gateway.

Let me know if anyone is interested in them, I can give you a contact name/number via PM.

http://www.orbisps.com/index.html

Comment

Thanks, I will give them a visit
              Last edited by Mark; 07-23-2008, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Is anyone using the authorize and then capture later feature with 3dcart?
                Last edited by Mark; 07-25-2008, 07:27 AM.

Comment

We are, with Authorize.net, but we have Stoneedge so it's easy.

The biggest issue is the order attempt that results in a failure- is still "captured" and shows up as a charge. Then they get the order through, then call us and say we charged them twice, or three times or whatever. It's taken a lot out of us to explain how we didn't "take their money".

It's particularly bad at Christmas, but we haven't found a workaround on this.

Comment

Order attempt failure? Not sure what you mean. Do you mean when you go into the cart admin panel and choose Capture ?

Comment

No- when the customers' payment fails, and is declined. It still shows up on their end as a hold on the funds. Then they get it through, and it looks like two. They don't like that.

Comment

We have the same issue--hard to get the customer to understand that it is an authorization only and will "fall off" in 1-3 days. I try to tactfully point out that they were the ones who entered the incorrect information that resulted in the decline (AVS failure), and we are the good guys who are trying to protect their credit. Have never had an unhappy customer as a result, even though we've had to answer many questions regarding why it shows up on their account.

Regarding a gateway, 7 years ago we started with Cybercash, which was bought out by Verisign, which was bought out by PayPal. Even though we don't accept PayPal as payment, we have continued to use the same service for without any major issues. We are able to manage the security settings ourselves, determining which cards are filtered out as possible frauds. For our merchant account we negotiated rates with the local bank who handles our regular banking. I just like to go local as much as possible! :)

Comment

bank of america got us at 1.8% with no setup cost through cybersource. not too shabby i think

Comment

CDG Commerce offers a payment gateway program.

CDG Commerce offers a free gateway with free Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode. It seems to be an honest offer with many security features and reasonable merchant account rates. They offered to work with 3dCart to facilitate integration. Perhaps if enough of us request it, they will do it. It appears they even have a merchant fraud protection feature for phone orders. The name of their product is the Quantum Gateway. Check it out and post your thoughts.
                            Luxlife

Comment

We use Payquake (www.payquake.com), which uses the Authorize.net merchant gateway. Absolute cheapest around, no monthly fees (Gateway, support, etc.), but since the processing is all through authorize.net, there really isn't too much for them to screw up. Support definitely leaves something to be desired, but for no monthly fee, you get what you pay for. Best for low-volume merchants.

Also take a look at Bank of America, they're pretty good, I hear. They've got their big name to stand behind them, too, which is always good.

Comment

Working...
                              X