Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evidently there is a problem with V3 with Google...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidently there is a problem with V3 with Google...

:(
    It's never easy, is it......
    I just got an email from GoogleBase.
    Thank you for your participation in Google Product Search. We noticed that your display name (Your Website Name Here) appears to either contain errors or not conform with our Editorial Guidelines. Please go to http://www.google.com/base/settings to review your display name. Here are some tips to ensure that your display name is correctly formatted:

arg.....

we've been on google base for two years.....
    Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2009, 05:20 PM.

We received the same email. However, it would be surprising if this has anything to do with 3DCart. This appears to be a Google Base issue because it directs you to their settings page. Maybe it is an error on Google's part.
    Luxlife

Comment

I got the same message on my V2.x store, which hase been on base for our entire tenure at 3d (18 months).

Must be something at Google?

DaveW

Comment

well I'm glad it has nothing to do with the cart. Just so cooincedental timing. :)
        What have they messed up at Google?

Comment

Whooops, spoke too soon. My googlebase upload to base doesn't work......
          grrrrr....
          top row formated incorrectly! :(
          I think I'll need to setup a custom export or change the delimiter in Googlebase to "Autodetect". I am trying that now.......

Still had errors.

Feed status details

Outcome: Data feed has some errors. Some items contained errors and were not processed successfully, but all other items are active. help
          Number of items processed: 385
          Number of inserted items: 384
          Uploaded at: Jan 11, 2009 12:08 pm EST
          Processed at: Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm EST

Detected delimiter: ,

Errors:
          Error Bad data Line # 340
          We recommend including this attribute. weight

We recommend including this attribute. upc

We recommend including this attribute. mpn

We recommend including this attribute. isbn

We recommend including this attribute. image link

We recommend including this attribute. brand

The item is missing a required attribute. description 340
          UPDATE: The above item was the 3dcart "Enter new item here" item. I had to delete it.

To fix all this I went into Custom Setting for the Google upload and changed to tab delimited.
          Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2009, 11:57 AM.

Comment

looks like we'll be investing some time in the googlebase custom export! :D
            Looks like there's some nice features in there to add descriptors to our upload file. :)
            Not sure why the image link isn't uploading, though...
            Last edited by Mark; 01-11-2009, 11:23 AM.

Comment

I get the same error everytime I upload to Google Base also, but I always figured it was the Gift Certificate that I had in my catalog that caused it.

Comment

I got the same email. I haven't tried uploading my products again recently, so I don't know what kind of problem I'll experience. I really hope this is something that we all figure out how to fix....I get a ton of traffic/business from Base.

Comment

I deleted the "New Item" product.
                  I went in to Marketting, Shopping Engines, Google base and went to Custom.
                  I set for tab delimited and all is well now. :D

Comment

Although this appears to be a Google Base issue, I feel it still relevant to discuss here as we are ecommerce folks and utilize Google data feeds that are related to ecommerce.
                    just got my SECOND email from Google Base:

Dear Merchant:

Thank you for your participation in Google Product Search. We noticed that your display name (Your 3dcart Store Name) appears to either contain errors or not conform with our Editorial Guidelines. Please go to http://www.google.com/base/settings to review your display name. Here are some tips to ensure that your display name is correctly formatted:

Enter the name of your store without any additional text. You do not need to include \Inc.,\ \Co.,\ \GmbH,\ etc.
                    Enter your website address only if you're the only store on that website. If you do this, make sure it matches your actual website domain and don't include \http://\. If you're a marketplace seller that shares a website address with other sellers, simply use your unique store name instead.
                    Ensure that you've correctly spelled your store's name.
                    Avoid unnecessary use of the following:
                    promotional text (e.g., phone numbers, marketing messages, sale announcements);
                    repeated and unnecessary use of punctuation, capitalization, or symbols (e.g., spelling your store name in ALL CAPS);
                    copyright and trademark symbols; and
                    offensive or inappropriate language.

Finally, note that Product Search truncates display names longer than 20 characters.
                    What is up with this??????????
                    I posed the same question on GoogleBase.

Hopefully this is an error at Google. Probably affect millions of contributors.....

Comment

I got this email from Google as well. Is this definately a 3DCart issue? Has anyone submitted a support ticket about this yet?

Comment

I think it's a glitch at Google. Seems it's gone out to TONS of folks!
                        No statement from Google yet, that I can find.....
                        Not sure if it's triggered by updating your base data feed or not.
                        See here:
                        http://www.google.com/support/forum/...e99bbd6c&hl=en
                        Last edited by Mark; 01-12-2009, 09:23 AM.

Comment

A couple of issues here (I think)....

1) This is about your display name settings. Google has some pretty whacky (and a little confusing) requirements. We received the same email but it seemed more about our google adwords settings and our google checkout settings (display name) and the google checkout badge appearing next to your ads and/or base items? One of the emails said that if we don't change our display name then they will! So... we're gonna let 'em and see what it is exactly that they're after.

2) 3dc's base feed is not fully functional. All worked beautifully until Google made certain attributes required, truncating, etc. The product_type attribute is somewhat tough to handle. I think that 3dcart uses the name of the product's category for that attribute. ?? For some a great answer, for others not so much.

We let 3dcart generate the .txt file. We open it in Excel and manually revise the product_type, brand, etc. fields and then manually uplead the file to base. Not a perfect solution, but...

~fr*k

Comment

Can't you change the attributes in the "Customize" settings for your google Feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              Can't you change the attributes in the "Customize" settings for your google Feed?
                              I've done this and Google still rejects my feed. I get an error message from Google saying:

We didn't understand the header (first) row of your file. Please make sure you're using valid attribute names.

I've checked and double checked. Each of the attributes I'm using is exactly what Google says I should be using.

Here's an example of my feed:
                              Code:
                              link,title,description,image_link,product_type,id,price,brand,expiration_date
                              "http://www.shop.texasmediasystems.com/Sony-SRW-5000-USED_p_10.html","Sony SRW-5000 USED","The SRW-5000 is a full-bandwidth high definition VTR, capable of recording   the gamut of HD frame/line rates in both 4:4:4 and 4:2:2 formats. By   incorporating high-density recording technology, and the ISO-recognized MPEG-4   Studio Profile compress","http://www.shop.texasmediasystems.com/assets/images/SO-SRW5000.jpg","VCRs ","SRW-5000","72995","Sony","2009-2-12"
                              I'll post once I've got it to accept my feed. What did it take for those of you up on base to get your feed accepted? Do you notice any recognisable differences between your feed and the one posted above?
                              Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Working...
                              X