Google Base Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Base Problems

I have found that a lot of my descriptions are being cut off halfway through them. Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Have a magical day,
    Jennifer
    www.yourwdwstore.com

Hi! I submitted a ticket about this a month or 2 ago & was told that 3dCart can only export 256 characters (don't know why). I think there are some suggestions in past posts on how to deal with this....We're living with cutoff descriptions for now. We've contemplated creating 'short descriptions' which can be added to the googlebase export, but I'm kind of hoping the export functionality gets expanded in 3dCart. Googlebase can accept way more characters than we need! We also couldn't get the automated feed to work, so I just manually export the file to the server once a month or so, and have googlebase read it on a weekly basis to make sure that its relatively up to date.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I actually put in a trouble ticket and they fixed it for me...so now all of my description shows up - so you might want to put in a trouble ticket for it to see if they can fix it for you too.

Have you figured out how to set up the auto loading thing to google?
      Have a magical day,
      Jennifer
      www.yourwdwstore.com

Comment

Are you saying that this is fixed only for the users that open a ticket and not on the cart code in general?
        Please tell me this in not the case? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
          Are you saying that this is fixed only for the users that open a ticket and not on the cart code in general?
          Please tell me this in not the case? :confused:
          This change was made to the code awhile ago. If you anyone is experiencing this issue, once again, we request you open a support ticket so that we can address this and correct it for you.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X