Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding links to your social networking sites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding links to your social networking sites?

Anyone adding links to twitter/facebook/utube?

We just added some. Just checking on other users?:confused:
    www.concession-supply.com

Adding links are great, but how are you harnessing the power? What are you providing on twitter/facebook/etc for customers?

Comment

We just started. Looking for ideas.
      :)
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

We have been adding links on all of our social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook and Myspace) works out great. Here's our twitter to get some ideas on how we've been implementing it. http://www.twitter.com/shadowtrailers

Hope this helps. It would be great if you could recommend a product to facebook or twitter through our cart. So under each product you could have share this product and it has the links to the social sites, kind of like here: http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000149664 If you scroll down to the reviews it says share this product. Is this possible?
        (¯`v´¯)
        `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
        * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
        www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
        www.Trailer-Wheels.com
        www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Okay, so I did some research and submitted a ticket as well. 3dcart recommended a site called sharethis.com but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. So I did some research on my own and found this: http://www.addthis.com/

I took the code and added it into my listings template. now if a customer comes and sees a product they can share it on their social network site, what a great free advertising idea!!! I've implemented it on product pages here if you want to check it out: http://www.trailerandtruckparts.com
          (¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
          * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
          www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
          www.Trailer-Wheels.com
          www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip! :)

Comment

We went to the addthis website and copy/pasted the code to include their bookmark banner. Looks okay, we think. :)

Kudos to Miss HTML.

We also have expanded our twitter/facebook/utube campaign. We are gathering followers as we investigate this new venue! :)

Comment

I have been trying to add this code as well, however, I would like to see it on the home page, category pages, etc so that virtually any page could be shared. I have been trying to add it to the menu links on site content so that it would always bee on top and visible at all times for every page but I cannot get the code to work. I have been pasting it into the name of the site content menu link. Any suggestions?
                Suki
                www.thetinbin.com

Comment

What does the code look like when you try the MENU link approach?

You could add the code to your frame file and that would appear everywhere.

Comment

Would someone kindly explain to us non techy people where you are placing the html code from addthis. I would prefer to just place it on the product pages. Thanks in advance.

Sean

Comment

we put it in the listing_X.html template just under the "review this" product.

Comment

Working...
                      X