Site Valadation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Valadation

After reading in another post, I've decided to use a "site validation too"l. I started with 70+ errors and warnings and have got it down to 66. This is a very time consuming process. Is there an easier way to find where the errors are to correct? The biggest part of this is for me to figure out exactly which tab to click on to open to get to what I need to see. :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Dave_C. View Post
    After reading in another post, I've decided to use a "site validation too"l. I started with 70+ errors and warnings and have got it down to 66. This is a very time consuming process. Is there an easier way to find where the errors are to correct? The biggest part of this is for me to figure out exactly which tab to click on to open to get to what I need to see. :confused: :confused:
    I had over 70 and I am down to 52 but most of these errors are not something that you can personally change. I corrected what I could but the rest are not correctable in the templates.

Here is an example:

Line 269, Column 161: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "maxx"

…=assets/images/part145_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=150"

Comment

I've managed to get my site down to zero errors, but it took a lot of work. See this thread:

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-opinions.html

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
        Here is an example:

Line 269, Column 161: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "maxx"

…=assets/images/part145_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=150"

This is because the links in the templates use "&" instead of the correct "&"

Comment

Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
          This is because the links in the templates use "&" instead of the correct "&"
          Thanks! Down to 37 Errors...

Lots of <TR>, <TD> etc. errors.. That will take a while to troubleshoot.

Comment

I've found a lot of TR/TD errors due to caps and the doc type. I just changed templates about a Mo. ago so haven't really even started on this again.

If your TR/TD errors are due to CAPS just copy your template into note pad and do a edit/replace<TD with <td , </TD with </td etc. and match case. recopy and paste. I wiped out a ton of errors that way. It's a start.

I have a editor that will remove html caps but frankly don't trust it to not do other stuff so I do note pad a tag at a time.

Like most platforms these templates were written and added to over years by different people under different html versions and with very different spacing/tabbing styles too. The only do their part an do not make them uniform. I've seen 'align' tags, align styles, TDs, tds, and divs on the same page.

I'm self taught and use a 'non schooled' spacing style. Tabbing the code to 'my style' makes It easier. Then I try to focus on easy fixes first then errors. Start picking at them last.
            Last edited by mondo; 02-16-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X