What gives?
    Any ideas?
    thanks
    Kathleen
    www.bikerbabesleathers.com
    www.theleatheroutpost.com
    Please "like" us on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bik...rs/95860340129

Google recently also did a nasty update.

Page Rank is a strange measurement.

What is more important is, has your traffic due to Google dropped?

It does not hurt to open a case using your google webmaster tools.

Comment

Well the pagerank has to do with sites linking to your pages. Even if you do redirects, this has little to do with your rank (until sites start linking to the new pages of course). These new page names need to be linked to by other sites, then your rank will rise. Your traffic should remain good, as you did do the redirects. Hope this helps
      (¯`v´¯)
      `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
      (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
      * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
      www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
      www.Trailer-Wheels.com
      www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

o,K I understand now. I do have google traffic but no sales and I usually have 2-3 sales a day. Its been a week since I migrated
        Kathleen

Comment

1 week is not long, I'd give it a bit more. Do you have a link to your site, so I can see if it might be something else slowing your sales down?
          (¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
          * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
          www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
          www.Trailer-Wheels.com
          www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

This usualy happens when you swtich where you point your DNS. It will go back up, but will take a longtime. I would not worry about that anyway though as pagerank really does not matter what matters is if your showing up on the front page of google for the right keywords.
            Last edited by Jimmy; 05-20-2011, 08:04 AM.
            Jimmy

Comment

IMHO, PageRank is one of the most over-hyped things in SEO these days. Back in the day it held some sway, but these days, after a few algorithm updates from Google (and their stated de-emphasis over PageRank in general a couple of years ago), it is really just one of the many factors (and a small one at that) used when ranking a website.

+1 on Jimmy's comment.

Comment

Originally posted by MissHTML View Post
                1 week is not long, I'd give it a bit more. Do you have a link to your site, so I can see if it might be something else slowing your sales down?
                Check it out!
                Kathleen

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                  This usualy happens when you swtich where you point your DNS. It will go back up, but will take a longtime. I would not worry about that anyway though as pagerank really does not matter what matters is if your showing up on the front page of google for the write keywords.
                  No, Im not on the 1st page and never have been. My site is 3 yrs old but Im hoping it will rank better now that Im with 3D instead of prostores
                  Kathleen

Comment

Anything is better than ProStores and their India tech support and worthless upgrades. Moved my store a month ago.
                    David
                    David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
                      Anything is better than ProStores and their India tech support and worthless upgrades. Moved my store a month ago.
                      I Know! I read all of you pro store comments before prostores banned them! LOL
                      Kathleen

Comment

Called them to close the store there on Friday and I had to say "what" 5 times to figure out what he was saying and had to tell him 3 times why I was closing the store. I love calling support here. Easy answers and I can understand them and they understand me.
                        David
                        David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

I hate no sales days...

What I would look at:

1. Do a test order and make sure your store works with all your payment methods logged in as a customer (not your admin account).

2. Check out your site in IE.

3. Look at Google Analytics, hopefully you have a funnel set up. Is there a particular place in your sales funnel that is seeing a drop off? May be the SSL is not installed right? May be an insecure element? May be a browser issue in some version of IE or FF?

4. Look at your Google Traffic. Are you getting 100% of what you used to get to in traffic? Or is it 10%. Getting Google traffic is nice, but what matters is how much compared to your previous cart.

With my no sales days, I blame my old cart. Its VERY UPSETTING. I am the process of getting a template made and it looks like I got a dud of a programmer doing it, sigh. Frustrating and Late.

Comment

Originally posted by sisbrown34 View Post
                            No, Im not on the 1st page and never have been. My site is 3 yrs old but Im hoping it will rank better now that Im with 3D instead of prostores
                            Sounds like you need to target some longtail keywords. Go for ones that get around 5-15k trafic per month. If you sell say a leather jacket, and you use the keyword "leather jacket" its not very likely you will get on front page, but if you target keyword "cropped leather jacket" just example you will be much more able to have a chance at front page. Also you have to use these keywords on links going to your site. Back-Linking with relevant sites is super important, get that down and you win 65-75% of the battle right there. I am not expert these are just my thoughts, so I would suggest talking to folks smarter then myself when making up a gameplan.
                            Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                            X