Google Not Picking Up 3dcart Blog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Not Picking Up 3dcart Blog?

I am not seeing our blog articles being picked up by google. Has anyone had any of their articles via the 3dcart blog be picked up by google? Would really love some feedback, so I at least know if I need to use outside blog or if it just takes more time for it to be picked up. I thank you in advance for your help.
    Jimmy

Main Blog Page Only

Google and Bing are picking up the "Main" blog page for us. Not the individual posts. Wish they did. We may switch to Wordpress and just redo our posts - not that many but we promote free art education on the web so we want people to have access to those.

John
    G1 Gallery

Comment

Thats what I was thinking I am going to have to do as well.
      Jimmy

Comment

Google + Blog

Any ideas as to why this does not occur?

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Brtp4 View Post
          Any ideas as to why this does not occur?

BP
          Ya would be awsome if a 3dcart person could post on this.
          Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post
            Google and Bing are picking up the "Main" blog page for us. Not the individual posts. Wish they did. We may switch to Wordpress and just redo our posts - not that many but we promote free art education on the web so we want people to have access to those.

John
            G1 Gallery
            On this note I wonder if anyone knows if it would hurt use as far as rankings on the blog post to have the same post at our 3dcart blog and Wordpress blog? Or if we should just drop 3dcart blog and only use Wordpress. I only ask because the 3dcart blog looks clean in the site, so would prefer to keep both, but want to do whats best for google. Thank you all for any help you can give.
            Jimmy

Comment

I linked my blog link to my Google Blogspot. Google grabs it by default and tracks the clicks.
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Originally posted by InsnWizard View Post
                I linked my blog link to my Google Blogspot. Google grabs it by default and tracks the clicks.
                Does it pick up your single post if you search via google?
                Jimmy

Comment

Good news guys 3dcart blog is picked up by artical via google. One of our post finaly got picked up.
                  Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                    Good news guys 3dcart blog is picked up by artical via google. One of our post finaly got picked up.
                    Jimmy, you've got two URL's with the exact same content. This may cause you to receive duplicate content penalties:

http://www.jpwjewelry.com/CZ-Chandel...rings_b_5.html

http://www.cablecookie.com/CZ-Chande...rings_b_5.html

Comment

Google Webmaster

Originally posted by g1gallery View Post

John
                      G1 Gallery

Found this last night.

1. Go to your Google Webmaster tools

2. click on your site

3. On the left side of the screen click on "Subscriber Stats

4. For us - G1 Gallery: Blog Posts
                      Submit feed as sitemap.

5. Click on yes

6. Did this last night and Google has already indexed the Blog!

All the Best,
                      The G1

Comment

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                        Jimmy, you've got two URL's with the exact same content. This may cause you to receive duplicate content penalties:

http://www.jpwjewelry.com/CZ-Chandel...rings_b_5.html

http://www.cablecookie.com/CZ-Chande...rings_b_5.html
                        Second one is our site look but url is cablecookie what is that and how do I get rid of it?
                        Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                          Second one is our site look but url is cablecookie what is that and how do I get rid of it?
                          Do you own the cablecookie.com domain name? It sort of looks like it's being redirected at the domain level to point to your jpwjewelry.com site.

Comment

LOL! It looks like 3dCart owns that domain. Here's the registration info for cablecookie.com:

Registrant:
                            3DCart Shopping Cart Software

POBOX 9873
                            Coral Springs, Florida 33075
                            United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
                            Domain Name: CABLECOOKIE.COM
                            Created on: 01-Dec-10
                            Expires on: 01-Dec-11
                            Last Updated on: 01-Dec-10

Administrative Contact:
                            Gil, Gonzalo [email protected]
                            3DCart Shopping Cart Software
                            POBOX 9873
                            Coral Springs, Florida 33075
                            United States
                            +1.9545825080

So you might want to check with support to find out why cablecookie.com is pointed to your jpwjewelry.com domain and causing you to have duplicate content.

Comment

I did contact them, and could get no answer other then guess. I love 3dcart and know that no one is perfect, but this was the first time I felt like I was back with Prostores. I know the support guy tried but bottom line, I never got any assurence on how to know its not still happening or why it happened. If it was a fault I made then mabey I do not deserve that clear of answer but when its 3dcarts fault and it drops our PR from 3 to 0 because of duplicate content they put out, well then I deserve a 100% for sure why it happened and explantion of how they know its not still happening on other sites they own. As I said if it was a problem I cause mabey I would not desrve this kind of answer but 3dcart caused this problem. Below is the live chat I had with 3cart support. I love 3dcart and no one is perfect, but I was a little dissapointed the way this was handled.

James:
                              Found a url that you guys own, but it has my site there? http://www.cablecookie.com/CZ-Chande...rings_b_5.html

Welcome James! Your request has been directed to World Class Support Team department. Please wait for our operator to answer your call.

Call accepted by operator John S.. Currently in room: John S., James.

John S.:
                              I am not seeing anything when I go to that page.
                              James:
                              Hold one sec will try to go there again
                              James:
                              While I do this you can read this post as other ppl saw this issue too. http://forums.3dcart.com/optimizing-...rt-blog-2.html
                              John S.:
                              The account for cablecookie.com was cancelled but since that domain name was registered with us the website still has our name servers entered which is what tells the internet who hosts the website. This page is still loading because the name servers need to be updated.
                              John S.:
                              But to update the name servers we have to turn over the ownership of the domain name to the person that had the account with us for cablecookie.com
                              John S.:
                              To do this you would have to give us a call Monday - Friday and speak to billing and let them know that the domain was registered by us and you want to take over ownership.
                              James:
                              That does not tell me why it was our website there yesterday. Read the post someone told me thats how I found out then I checked and went to that url and it was our site
                              James:
                              That is not my domain. Think you might not be understanding what I am saying. I do not own nor ever owned www.cablecookie.com but yesterday if you went there it looked just like our Welcome to JpwJewelry - CZ Rings, Cubic Zirconia CZ Jewelry, Gold Plated Jewelry, CZ Ring site. If you read that post it would be even clearer as that person saw it too. I want to make sure its not happening anywhere else
                              John S.:
                              You are seeing a cached page on your web browser.
                              John S.:
                              I go to http://www.cablecookie.com/CZ-Chande...rings_b_5.html and I see nothing.
                              John S.:
                              So you have to delete your browser cookies and cache in your web browser and then you should see nothing as well.
                              James:
                              I understand that its deadliked today, why was our site on that url yesterday though?
                              John S.:
                              I do not know.
                              James:
                              As I said please read the forum post I linked. I am not even the orignal person that discovered this, so you have 2 people that saw this, so I would like someone there to check out our backend and make sure this is not happening somewhere else as this is very bad for us. Could you pass along this post to someone that might know what the issue is and get back to me? http://forums.3dcart.com/optimizing-...rt-blog-2.html
                              James:
                              I mean there is nothing myself or the person who informed me of this could do to cause it this is something on 3dcarts end, and its not good
                              John S.:
                              The issue has been resolved though at this time.
                              John S.:
                              If I go to that URL right now it doesn't load your site.
                              John S.:
                              Did you call us yesterday to look in to this?
                              John S.:
                              If you didn't contact us yesterday then I can only assume that a moderator of the forums saw this thread and took care of it.
                              James:
                              Yes for that url, but how do I know our site is not on 10 other url's. I mean if you could explain why it happened then mabey no futher checking would be needed, but since you have no idea how it happened I would think you would understand my concern I mean how do I know its not happening on 10 other urls you guys own, I mean this is not the kind of issue that its not happening now is good answer for, I feel my concern is legit. No we did not contact you and no moderator ever contacted or posted
                              John S.:
                              The reason I said this should not happen again moving forward is because I checked everything with regard to cablecookie.com and everything in our DNS is disabled for this website.
                              James:
                              I understand that but why was my site ever on it in the first place?
                              John S.:
                              The issue could have been something that was cached on search engines.
                              James:
                              Here we go got ya somemore proff go to this url Google
                              James:
                              See top site says jpwjewelry and under it cablecookie
                              John S.:
                              Well that is cached results on Google.
                              James:
                              Yes and you can see thouse cached results once had our site on your url why?
                              John S.:
                              Let me check
                              James:
                              You do understand google give penelty for duplicate content, so I think its fair for me to ask why this happened. As since this happened our PR went from 3 to 0.
                              John S.:
                              Well this is a cached page. Once Google updates again this will no longer show up.
                              James:
                              Ok why did it happen, and how do I know you do not have other urls with our content. I mean all I want to know is why it happened and make sure it does not happen again.
                              John S.:
                              At one time that site for cablecookie.com when they signed up with us may have accidentally been provisioned to the same IP address of your website. But right now that is no longer happening because that account has been cancelled.
                              James:
                              If you can not tell me why it happened then there is no way to know its not happening on other urls you guys own do you understand?
                              John S.:
                              However, Google at one time cached this in there search engine but once they reindex your website this link will no longer appear on Google.
                              John S.:
                              All records for cablecookie.com have been deleted though also so this will not happen again.
                              James:
                              I understand all that, but this already cost us money, and as I said if you can not tell me why it happened then there is no way you can tell me for 100% sure its not happening with other sites you guys own. I understand I am asking for an explation that is hard, but this is an issue caused by 3dcart not I, and this cost us money, and I think at the least we desvered someone to honestly look into this, and find out for sure why it happened. We are going in circles though so I am just going to ask that you foward this issue to your supervisor, programer, or anyone you think might be able to contact me back with a answer. This is the first time since I been with 3dcart I have been disapointed, but have issues that I did not create and never knowing why it happened is more like Prostores way of doing bussiness not 3dcart. Anyway please just do anything you can for me to try to get an answer and have them email me. Thank you for trying anyway.
                              John S.:
                              I told you what happened James.
                              John S.:
                              Once Google reindexes your site you will not see this again.
                              John S.:
                              I assure you of that.
                              James:
                              Please read what I just wrote in full
                              John S.:
                              This is what happened - At one time that site for cablecookie.com when they signed up with us may have accidentally been provisioned to the same IP address of your website. But right now that is no longer happening because that account has been cancelled.
                              James:
                              may have
                              John S.:
                              James
                              John S.:
                              That is the only way something like this could happen.
                              John S.:
                              I am sorry I said the words "may have" and this gave you the wrong impression.
                              John S.:
                              I spoke to a supervisor and he told me that this is the only way this could have happened, by the way.
                              James:
                              Ya and how do I know that you "may have" not foward 10 other sites that way? This is really going in a circle, and I honestly and not wanting to be hard to please. However as I said I did not cause this issue, and I feel I deserved it to be taken serious since it cost us money at no fault of our own. I would be greatful if you had your supervisor email me after he reads issue in full. Anyway I know you tried and I do thank you, I am a little dissapointed, but no ones perfect. Thank you for trying and do what you can to get me answer as I said that answer does not tell me it is not happening at 10 other sites. Just do your best thats all. Anyway thank youf or your time

As I said I know John did his best but I do not feel my issue was not taken as serious as it should have been since they cost our pr to go from 3 to 0 for the duplicate content. I do love you guys at 3dcart and thank John for trying, but this issue was not handled right, hey though no one is perfect I understand that I just hope he has someone honestly look into it and get back to me.
                              Last edited by Jimmy; 07-10-2011, 01:39 PM.
                              Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                              X