Forum Posting Allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Posting Allowed?

As I am trying to increase direct target traffic to my site, and eliminate more unwanted traffic, I am wanting to just apply to forums and posting a link to my product (s) that relate to the topics being discussed, that way people looking for x will click the link, either in my signature or within the post to get to my site. Is this normally allowed or is this considered spam? Does this work from anyone's experience? Thank you for responding!
    Tyler MacDonald
    www.tylerlight.com
    Quality LED Lighting

Having your site in your signature and in your profile is certainly allowed. Linking a product to show an issue you are having or help someone else by providing examples are OK too.

Other than that, trying to advertise products here I would consider a nuisance.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

I agree. It would be annoying. We all visit each others stores for various reasons so just by posting you have a captive audience.
      Keep in mind that posting just to post and going nuts with smiley faces isn't going to win any fans either.

Post as much as you want but stay on topic and you'll do fine.
      David
      David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Replying on forums

Thanks for your responses. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I did mean on other forums/blogs across the internet, maybe that is what you guys were thinking too, not just this forum. For ex., I want to post on "this old house" forum to promote LED undercabinet lighting, and many other forums. I am just curious if registering on many of these forums and posting out of the blue is common, and if it yields good results if targeted at the right audience...
        Tyler MacDonald
        www.tylerlight.com
        Quality LED Lighting

Comment

I post on several automotive related forums, pay to advertise on a couple of them and if someone posts questions about problems they're encountering with an underhood component, asks where to find a certain service, I'm there. Actually I pull more business off those 5-8 forums I frequent than any other search engines, etc. And facebook. I get alot of overseas business through my Facebook page.

Comment

Sounds about right http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-smile.gif Your not stealing their customers since they are not selling the product that they are looking for. In fact, you are actually helping the site make them a one stop shop.
            Last edited by satnavcompany; 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerlightman View Post
              Thanks for your responses. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I did mean on other forums/blogs across the internet, maybe that is what you guys were thinking too, not just this forum. For ex., I want to post on "this old house" forum to promote LED undercabinet lighting, and many other forums. I am just curious if registering on many of these forums and posting out of the blue is common, and if it yields good results if targeted at the right audience...
              I run a rather large Nissan specific forum and we have specific rules involved with posting such things. You will find in more cases than any that each forum is specific, some allow it, some do not. If you're curious about it I'd suggest asking the administrators (usually some form of contact on the homepages) and they will answer it for you. I get 5-10 of those a month so it's not uncommon.

rule of thumb for most is no... unless you've established a base posting you'll be taken as spam.

Comment

I answer questions about component restoration since I'm the only one in the US that restores Mopar wiper motors from 68-74. Lots of people have wiper problems and if I can assist them in their questions I'm more than happy to do so...when it reaches a point where they ask if someone sells the restored component or where can they find some repair components I'm usually referred as a source by another forum member. On the forums that require that I sponsor or advertise, I'm more than happy to do so, but I'm still answering questions, not pushing product in 99% of my posts. NOT knowing the rules of a forum will cause you more problems than you care to talk about, so make sure you know the rules of the forum, pm the administrator and ask for their input and ask if you can donate product, money for a banner, etc. before you move in on the forum as a source of business.

Comment

Rule of thumb with the forums is be careful and do it gently. Don't throw yourself in every conversation. Also check for the odd ball topic. A lot of the forums have a general thread area that everyone just goes into and posts about anything on their mind.
                  David
                  David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
                  X