Crawl errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawl errors

In Google webmaster tools, it shows that we have a lot of crawl errors. A lot of them appear to be when we were hosted on Volusion. What's the best way to handle these?
    Last edited by kem; 08-31-2011, 04:38 PM.
    kem
    AddressNumbers.com
    Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

You can set 301's if a particular page not found exists on your new 3dcart site but if not you will just have to give it time to stop scanning for old pages and eventually they will all go away.

Comment

At the very least, it is a good idea to do 301 redirects for the home page, category pages, and any product that is a significant landing page, ranked high in the search engines, or source of revenue. The 301 redirects will help recapture the search results positions faster than just waiting.
      Luxlife

Comment

You can clean up the garbage generated by such a scraper glitch by adding this line to the .htaccess in your root folder. Good luck http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-cool.gif
        Last edited by satnavcompany; 09-29-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by satnavcompany View Post
          You can clean up the garbage generated by such a scraper glitch by adding this line to the .htaccess in yourroot folder.
          I think your line of code got dropped. Can you repeat?

Comment

Check your content. It's possible that you may have duplicates. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/1.gif
            Last edited by satnavcompany; 10-09-2011, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I'm getting alot of crawl errors also, showing invalid urls, but I talked to support and the links are good and the ones Google says are invalid are good, so I'm waiting for the next crawl. I never had crawl errors, haven't changed anything myself, but suddenly there's alot of crawl errors from my 9-19 crawl and not a crawl since?

Comment

Post a few of the errors.
                Did you move/change any of the products?
                When did you do your last upload to Froogle?
                When was the last time you refreshed your site map?
                Did you block any of the ip's google's bot is using?
                David
                David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Page that doesn't exist being indexed causing multiple errors

Somehow this link was indexed -

http://www.thepersonaldevelopmentcompany.com/Network-Marketing--MLM_c_250.html<br />

This is a link to a version of my pages where the links on the page are all like this -

http://www.thepersonaldevelopmentcom...aire_p_20.html

These pages don't exist and are now clogging up my webmaster tools with incorrect versions of all of my pages. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Probably coincidentally, at the same time I now longer show up in google search results.

Comment

You have a broken link. MLM_c_250.html<br /How-to-Become
                    Notice you have a line break with a missing bracket in a url. Somewhere along the way you put this link somewhere and it got picked up.

Create a 404 page so any links that do not work will have a page to land on. You can then add a link on that page to get them to your home page.

You also going to have to find that link on whatever page it exists so it quits getting picked up.
                    David
                    David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Thank you. That helps push me in the right direction.

I still am not following why sometimes if the link is wrong it goes to an oops! page and other times it creates a bastardized version of my pages that contain bad links? Is that a bug, or is there a reason for that?

Comment

Crap happens.
                        David
                        David's Gifts and Things

Comment

Working...
                        X