Keywords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keywords

This may be 101 stuff for most but I am starting to enter my meta tag titles and descriptons, should I be entering in keywords and abstract as well? When I was first looking into 3dcart I read this:
    "3DCart creates custom meta tags for all your product pages in a dynamic manner. It uses the information from the product name, category, description and keywords to create the Description and Keywords meta tags. You also have the ability to specify your own custom meta tags for each product."

I have not done any meta for products yet, just starting to for catagories and subcats. Also, if anyone can tell me anything that I may be doing wrong or that I am missing it would be much apreciated. I am getting some visitors but mainly from forums, etc...

If you want 3dCart to automatically generate your meta tags for you (and save you a lot of work depending on how many products you have), you just have to make sure you have a short description in the "Short Descr." field on the Information tab, some keywords in the "Keywords" field on the Information tab, and a page title in the "Title" field on the Meta Tags tab. With those 3 pieces of information, 3dC will auto-create your meta tags.

However, you can OVERRIDE that automatically created info by entering your own meta tag info in the "Meta Tags" field on the Meta Tags tab. It just depends on if you want something different than what can be automatically generated for you by 3dC. Your decision to make. :)

Comment

Originally posted by 9OTB View Post
      should I be entering in keywords and abstract as well?
      It is my understanding (and I am open to any/all corrections) that the META ABSTRACT is for specialized pages:
      "The Meta Abstract is used primarily with academic papers. This is an optional Meta tag. It will not assist you with the major search engines. If you have content that is highly specialized, the use of the Meta Abstract tag will allow search engines that are apart of your field of expertise to index your website correctly. Currently the Meta Abstract tag is not a part of Google, Yahoo!, or Bing algorithms."

If the above IS true, than I do not understand why 3DCart would include such a "specialized" option in the meta tag wizard.

Does it hurt/help to include/not include this meta tag? I myself, don't know but I have decided to leave it out. Any comments are more than welcome on this topic.

Comment

I don't use the meta tag wizard on any of our product pages. I let 3dCart auto-create the meta tags based on the information I posted above. :)

Comment

Meta

Be sure to complete the meta info for ALL categories and subcategories. Fill out your custom titles too.

Comment

keywords

custom titles?

Comment

Road Map

Products > Categories > Choose a category > Options > fill in ALL areas "SEO Title & Meta tags"

Comment

keywords

I am not familiar with custom file name, it says "Secifies a custom file name used with the custom URL feature." I am also unfamiliar with the custom URL feature, I don't see it. Are both required required? or can I leave them alone? I have Title, and description only so far, everything else I have not filled in.
                Thanks

Comment

Custom File Name....

will be your URL if you have SEO settings enabled in Admin. I have found that feature very helpful for SEO purposes. Try putting your title in there - maybe other useful info to help your products/categories get "found". If you're Excel capable, try the concatenate function. ;)

Title Example:
                  Brand X Pool Cue XYZ123

Everything a searcher needs to know is there!

Comment

keywords

Originally posted by piaf View Post
                    I don't use the meta tag wizard on any of our product pages. I let 3dCart auto-create the meta tags based on the information I posted above. :)
                    Are you getting good organic seo by doing that? If by using the meta wizard and only filling in title and description am I hurting myself, doing some good, or no difference either way?

Comment

We get excellent SEO results (as long as Google doesn't jerk the algo around too much). We are on the first page for many of our product keywords, and also in the top 3 results for our primary store keyword searches.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                        will be your URL if you have SEO settings enabled in Admin. I have found that feature very helpful for SEO purposes. Try putting your title in there - maybe other useful info to help your products/categories get "found". If you're Excel capable, try the concatenate function. ;)

Title Example:
                        Brand X Pool Cue XYZ123

Everything a searcher needs to know is there!
                        thanks, I am (at least what I am seeing) already getting some products listed on page 1,2,3,and 4 of google. I have only started adding some meta info as explained in my last reply for cat. and subcat. so far, no product meta yet. I am also working on getting (trying to) get good backlinks. I am not excel capable, but will look it up.
                        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 9OTB View Post
                          Are you getting good organic seo by doing that? If by using the meta wizard and only filling in title and description am I hurting myself, doing some good, or no difference either way?
                          If you are essentially duplicating the info from your Information tab on the meta wizard page, you're just creating work for yourself. Test it yourself. Add the three components I described in the earlier post (the short description, the keywords and the title) to your product. Then go and view the source for the resulting page.

Then take that same info and plug it into the meta wizard (title, short description) and view the source on the resulting page (after clearing the cache on the store) and note whether or not you see a difference.

We didn't see a difference so we opted to NOT create additional work for ourselves. :)

Comment

keywords

Sweet, anything that will save me time and get the desired results is always a plus! Thanks for the info. What is your website? would like to check it out and what keywords are you doing well on?
                            Thanks

Comment

keywords

Forgot to ask. What about cat. and subcat.? is the page content in the cat. & subcats. header enough for 3D to automate the seo for them also?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X