Google site verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google site verification

I had my site with another provider and switched to 3dcart. All was well as far as Google was concerned.

Instead of migrating my products over I decided to start from scratch in order to redo my product line, run an inventory, get nee merchandise and work out any site issues. So I added just a few products to do test runs.

The Google feed was a head ache and I'm still working on that.

The question I came here to as was about site verification. I'm using the same domain which was verified before. Now Google tells me I need to verify ownership of the domain. I have followed all the instructions and still no changes.

When I tried to verify I get the following:

Verification failed. The Google Analytics tracking code on your site is in the wrong location. You can verify site ownership only with the asynchronous snippet placed in the <head> section of your home page.

The strange thing is that under analytics I show traffic and under status it says "receiving data".

I changed the url to a secured https://goodycity.3dcartstores.com and added to code to the global left banner and also tried the right banner and neither worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    www.pcpartsetc.com

You just need to add your Google site verification tag/line to your Global Header (look under Settings > Design > Header/Footer.

The code you get from Google and will look something like this but only longer:

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="XxP5Q4SH3puXvKD1FKvll3apthWU" />
    Keith

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. I have tried that and also the left and right global banner section as per instructions and get the same results.

Thanks
      www.pcpartsetc.com

Comment

When I switched from another cart to 3DCart, it took a little while for google to verify the site, give it some time.
        Google, do offer different methods of verifying your site, try those too if it still doesn't work after 7 days.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thank you so much.

I will give that a try.

By the way the site has been active for a few weeks now.

This issue came up in the past week.

Thanks
          www.pcpartsetc.com

Comment

Google Site Verification

Hi,

meta tag is one kind of HTML tag which can use to identify our web site
            when i want to our site up in searching then a meta tag is useful

in meta tag we have to insert a keywords of search
            example= if our site is like a web development then we can use keywords like development , web site etc

there are some rules of meta tag ...
            in Google a meta tag generator is useful to create meta tag...http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-redface.gif

Comment

Google Analytics Tracking Code

Great info posted here and hoping you can help another newbie -

I managed to get Google verified and signed up for Google Analytics but don't know where to paste the tracking code they've given me. I just want to get it into the home page to get an idea of how it can work for me.

Not sure which template and where within it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...ticle/View/124

Comment

Inserting my code in the header puts it, well, in the header.

Google wants it in the Head.

Verification failed. The Google Analytics tracking code on your site is in the wrong location. You can verify site ownership only with the asynchronous snippet placed in the <head> section of your home page.

Seems the same as the OP.

How do I get it in the head?

Thanks!

Walter

Comment

You need to add it to the frame.html template.....
                    Joanne Barker
                    VS Web Design
                    [email protected]

Comment

Oh, you mean right under the other Meta tag? (Duh)

Congratulations, you have successfully verified your ownership of Welcome to Instant Video Games -

Thanks!

Walter

Comment

No problemo! :-)
                        Joanne Barker
                        VS Web Design
                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                        X