Press Releases for SEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Press Releases for SEO

I was reading a website that reviews energy drinks, which we market, and one company (5150) which was reviewed linked about two dozen press releases to their review page on the review website. What they did was compare their product to other popular products on the market, load their releases with keywords and link to various websites including the release website which was linked to their (5150's) website.

Click here to see what I am referring to: Energy Product Reviews: 5150 Energy

Does this tactic work or does the Panda update to Google make this type of work a waste of time?
    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 09-11-2018, 09:31 AM.

I don't think it works since it does not forward a traffic to their site.

I can't help but to laugh at a comment. Guy1: It doesn't taste great straight! Guy2: That is why it is a mixer and not a shot :-P http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/1.gif
    Last edited by satnavcompany; 10-09-2011, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Press releases

We have deployed several press releases and they have not see much traction. Google is now looking for relevant content the more you post the better your rankings - make sure its original

Comment

Doesn't issuing the press releases count as content if you link back to your website? Or are you suggesting that I should just post content to my website? My original plan was to write one article per week for the website (maybe 500 - 1000 words), then write a 300 word press release for the web and link back to the website. Are you suggesting that is a waste of time? If so, I will spare the effort.

Originally posted by windycityparrot View Post
        We have deployed several press releases and they have not see much traction. Google is now looking for relevant content the more you post the better your rankings - make sure its original

Comment

Press releases

I'm just saying that we have spent anywhere from $100-$200 per press release on several occasions and really haven't seen any sort of increasing traffic. Further Google is looking for page relevancy- were seen more direct traffic to the website using the 3-D cart blog (submitted to feed burner.Google.com) we post 3 to 4 800 - 1000 word articles weekly. 2 get posted to the blog and 2 get posted to the relevant category footer.

That way when Google spiders the page it sees the page as being relevant with additional original content.

This is only an opinion but that press release with your content is sitting out there in cyber land not really helping you because a press release itself has no page rank. I would keep the content on your website.

We post new website categories and content pages to our Facebook fan page that helps drive traffic as well

Comment

Mitch,

Thanks for the feedback. With regards to adding the content to the category footer, is your plan to just make that one giant page over time? What will you do when you start adding, second, third and fourth entries to a category footer?

I assume you are adding the information to the category footer because that is better for SEO than creating an information article section of the website? That is what I had planned: create an article section to the website with hundreds of articles. I am now wondering if this is less than ideal because the articles are not on the same page as the products?

Thanks,

Justin

I'm just saying that we have spent anywhere from $100-$200 per press release on several occasions and really haven't seen any sort of increasing traffic. Further Google is looking for page relevancy- were seen more direct traffic to the website using the 3-D cart blog (submitted to feed burner.Google.com) we post 3 to 4 800 - 1000 word articles weekly. 2 get posted to the blog and 2 get posted to the relevant category footer.

That way when Google spiders the page it sees the page as being relevant with additional original content.

This is only an opinion but that press release with your content is sitting out there in cyber land not really helping you because a press release itself has no page rank. I would keep the content on your website.

We post new website categories and content pages to our Facebook fan page that helps drive traffic as well

Comment

content

This was pointed out to us by our new SEO consultant.

So our plan is to add content here's an example - have to fix the font because what I do is write and deploy the content as an email and then drop the HTML onto the site and then post the link to our FB fan page. It doesn't always "translate" well

Poicephalus Bird Supplies Including Cape Parrots

Additional articles go to the blog because it they get spidered in 5 minutes. I'm actually dismantling our article library and moving about 100 articles directly onto relevant category or product pages

Because we've had some issues with 301 redirects I just added literally about 10,000 of them because of a sloppy move, it's hard to say what actions are affecting SEO - although Google has only spidered less than 1000 of the new 12,000 we have in place - we are seeing daily upticks in organic traffic of 15 to 25%

Comment

Thanks! So much to learn. It is brutal.

This was pointed out to us by our new SEO consultant.

So our plan is to add content here's an example - have to fix the font because what I do is write and deploy the content as an email and then drop the HTML onto the site and then post the link to our FB fan page. It doesn't always "translate" well

Poicephalus Bird Supplies Including Cape Parrots

Additional articles go to the blog because it they get spidered in 5 minutes. I'm actually dismantling our article library and moving about 100 articles directly onto relevant category or product pages

Because we've had some issues with 301 redirects I just added literally about 10,000 of them because of a sloppy move, it's hard to say what actions are affecting SEO - although Google has only spidered less than 1000 of the new 12,000 we have in place - we are seeing daily upticks in organic traffic of 15 to 25%

Comment

I use SENUKEX for press releases, I can use it to submit the release to about 150 sites, and then create about 1000 backlinks to each release, then index all the links, ping them, and then RSS all those links. I am on page one for a few pretty tough keywords and haven't even really started my SEO campaign.
                  If you want me to use my software for your site, shoot me a PM, I can easily work out a campaign for you, and since i have all the software already it won't cost much.
                  -Chris

Comment

If you want senukex blasts i recommend fiverr $5 and will get you some good results.

Also social bookmarking gigs are good as well. Evern after panda im ranking pages and videos with ease at the moment.

Comment

If you are going to do a Press release do it right and go with PR Web. I have done some for clients and experienced some very good traffic and rankings improvements. It's not cheap though.

Comment

Working...
                      X