Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEO plan to improve ranking - Will it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celebra1
    replied
    Lists

Brtp4,

Yes, as in the properly coded bulleted or numbered html lists.

<ul>
    <li>1st item in list</li>
    </ul>

If you want numbers, use <ol> instead of <ul> Use lists in descriptions whenever possible. IF you use the editor to create a list format, make sure to look at the code created and remove any break tags. Lists do NOT have break tags.

Leave a comment:

• windycityparrot
    replied
    keywords

make sure you do some KW rerearch

You come up high for "Flower Hearts - Voile Fabric Lace/Textile" but the term has no competition. If you Google "african lace fabrics" which has high competition, you're nowhere to be found

Look for "low hanging fruit" relevant key words that you show up on page 2 or 3 that you can move up quickly.

The fastest way to get quality traffic & rankings is to blog - 2 - 4 times a week 400 words minimum plus add content to your product and category pages

Leave a comment:

• Brtp4
    replied
    Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
    • Use lists - html format - bots love lists!
    Cindy, do you mean this as in bulleted lists? Can you explain?

BP

Leave a comment:

• HFabrics
    replied
    Thanks Cindy!

I found a software called Traffic Travis that is making things easier, showing me exactly what I'm missing on each page. You say that product image alt tags are automatically put in, but using what? The product name? or something else? Also for the category pages, the header 1 should be the title or name of the category, correct? However, how do I edit that to make sure it has proper header tags as it's automatically put in? And how to I customize my urls?

Thanks,
    Fatuma

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
    • Don't worry about filling in each product meta - concentrate on categories/subcats
    • Add TEXT to the descriptions - write NATURALLY - don't try to stuff keywords! You can use adjectives in descriptions! "Colorful head ties by ____ in orange, green and blue...." Then add the colors, manufacturer, etc. to the keywords area of the listing tab.
    • Definitely use custom titles - 80 characters or less - NO adjectives, &, " "
    • Products already have alt tags - images YOU add NEED alt tags - no keyword stuffing - alt tags should be about the image, BUT you can say "Hydara Fabrics accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards" "Hydara Fabrics uses UPS and USPS for secure shipping", etc.
    • Write good, descriptive titles of no more than 40 characters (includes spaces) - the first 4 words are the most important
    • Learn the CORRECT use of heading tags. (W3C school tutorial)
    Last edited by HFabrics; 12-18-2011, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• celebra1
    replied
    A Couple of Thoughts
    • Don't worry about filling in each product meta - concentrate on categories/subcats
    • Add TEXT to the descriptions - write NATURALLY - don't try to stuff keywords! You can use adjectives in descriptions! "Colorful head ties by ____ in orange, green and blue...." Then add the colors, manufacturer, etc. to the keywords area of the listing tab.
    • Definitely use custom titles - 80 characters or less - NO adjectives, &, " "
    • Products already have alt tags - images YOU add NEED alt tags - no keyword stuffing - alt tags should be about the image, BUT you can say "Hydara Fabrics accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards" "Hydara Fabrics uses UPS and USPS for secure shipping", etc.
    • Write good, descriptive titles of no more than 40 characters (includes spaces) - the first 4 words are the most important
    • Learn the CORRECT use of heading tags. (W3C school tutorial)

Leave a comment:

• HFabrics
    started a topic SEO plan to improve ranking - Will it work?

SEO plan to improve ranking - Will it work?

I've been doing research on SEO and how it works and everything. What I've gathered is that repetition is key. Below is what I plan on doing throughout the site to help improve my SEO ranking. Just wanted advice on whether or not this is the right way to go about it.

1. Choose one to two effective keywords for each product category.
    QUES: Using google ads keyword tool, how can I choose effective keywords. Am I looking for keywords with high local (or global) numbers and low competition, or with high competition? I'm not sure.

2. Repeated the chosen keywords in the following places:
    A. category page title
    B. category page url
    C. meta description
    D. meta abstract
    E. meta keywords
    F. category page header (description)
    G. product names
    H. product picture names & alt tags
    I. product description
    J. product keywords

Did I miss anything? Anywhere else I should repeat the keywords.
    Any other aspect to consider to improve SEO?

Thank you.
    Best,
    Fatuma
    www.hydarafabrics.com
Working...
X