New Store Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Store Performance

We moved two well established stores to the 3d cart platform. One store has been on 3d cart for 6 months an the second store for 2 months. All existing seo was moved to the new store and redirects put in place. My question is this, both store sales are way off - 39% and 33% respectively. I have read others experienced the same decline when migrating to 3d cart, but I have not seen any information as to whether the stores will eventually regain lost sales (due to re indexing by search engines).

Did your sales decline when moving to 3d cart? If so, for how long - before sales picked back up to previous levels?? Did you have to do anything special to regain the lost sales?
    TheWrightStuff.com
    CaregiverProducts.com
    ArthritisSupplies.com

Is your traffic down or just sales?

Comment

Initially, due to the redirects, traffic stayed the same. Gradually, traffic and sales have decreased.
      TheWrightStuff.com
      CaregiverProducts.com
      ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

I should also add that only the bandwidth -and plan size- has increased.
        TheWrightStuff.com
        CaregiverProducts.com
        ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Why is your site loading: caregiverproducts.com/site/270651

Instead of just caregiverproducts.com

Also, DNS can take 1-2 weeks to fully point to the new site.

Comment

Been here almost exactly a year -- April sales show aprox. 39% lower than same period last year (pre-3dCart).

Comment

Moved here June/11. did not skip a beat.
              Granted our old cart was a clunker.

Go through your checkout process over and over placing orders, and fix all the little annoying things starting with the address order (state before city), and move phone number to the bottom.
              Make the Edit shopping cart links bigger, since people cannot just hit back

There is a post (by Gonzalo Gil) about showing all the shipping charges at the same time, do that.

etc. etc..

Comment

Sales increased due to moving to a semi-dedicated plan from what I had at my old cart.

That said, I don't care what anyone says about the economy, it is still struggling. It was getting stronger the first few months of this year and appears to be waffling again. Bear in mind I sell hobby items in a niche market.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post

There is a post (by Gonzalo Gil) about showing all the shipping charges at the same time, do that.
                  I haven't heard of this so I dug up the link for those interested:

http://forums.3dcart.com/store-desig...-checkout.html

Comment

Thanks cbsteven for posting that.
                    Chris
                    TC Life Safety
                    TC Wireless

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
                      Why is your site loading: caregiverproducts.com/site/270651

Instead of just caregiverproducts.com

Also, DNS can take 1-2 weeks to fully point to the new site.

Wrightstuff.biz and CaregiverProducts.com use a different platform - not 3d cart.
                      TheWrightStuff.com
                      CaregiverProducts.com
                      ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                        Moved here June/11. did not skip a beat.
                        Granted our old cart was a clunker.

Go through your checkout process over and over placing orders, and fix all the little annoying things starting with the address order (state before city), and move phone number to the bottom.
                        Make the Edit shopping cart links bigger, since people cannot just hit back

etc. etc..
                        Just tried this. Modified our template(s) but changes didn't show. (cleared cache, took down browser).

Then I noticed (using filezilla) the checkout page was an .asp file dated 4/12/2012. Can't touch those.

What am I overlooking - any thoughts?

Thanks,
                        Jon
                        G1 Gallery
                        Last edited by g1gallery; 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X