New Kid on the block- need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Kid on the block- need advice

Hello guys, we wanted to introduce to the group our store Intimo Sex Toys - Adult Store sharing sexual pleasure to hear your opinions and comments, we haven't had any sell yet and need your expert advise to find out what are we doing wrong.
    We need to sell and your comments will be greatly apreciated.
    Thanks a lot for your time and help.
    Last edited by Fontrade; 06-29-2012, 02:42 AM.

Presumably the adult ecommerce industry has all sorts of issues that most of us have no idea of. I checked the front page and it looked well-designed. But unfortunately the industry is just too different from what I am used to to offer much specific advice.

General advice: try to encourage other sites to link to yours. list your products on comparison shopping engines.

Comment

Thanks for your advices, even though your are not familiar with the industry, I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to look at my web store to give me your precious advice.
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Fontrade View Post
        Hello guys, we wanted to introduce to the group our store Intimo Sex Toys - Adult Store sharing sexual pleasure to hear your opinions and comments, we haven't had any sell yet and need your expert advise to find out what are we doing wrong.
        We need to sell and your comments will be greatly apreciated.
        Thanks a lot for your time and help.
        Hi I just opened my store also. The site looks pretty good. Idont know much about the adult industry if anything at all infact ive never seen many things in your store. But there are some cool suggestions that work for every kind of store

Suggestions:

Make a twitter and post deals on there from product pages or from admin panel and make sure to send tweets to more popular stores of to a brand page so people that follow that brand can see your tweet which should be a link

Make a Facebook and add other stores or companies related to your industry and post a thing or two on their wall once in a while or engage in conversations with fans and give links

Submit your website to search engines to get back links using mass submitters such as Search Engine Digger - Mass Search Engine Submission although it may have spam and submitting to google & BING would be wiser

Create ads with Google

Make sure that all items have good meta tag information & excellent keywords that are more specific then general. For example instead of shoe someone would use say kangaroo leather steel toe boots, specific and less competition in search engines.

As of now it looks like you've made some sales so far so good luck!

Comment

Try to network with some facebook fan pages dealing with sex issues, sex tips marital problems etc, have them post content or deals in exchange let the fanpage owner sign up as an affiliate on your site so he can make a percentage of the sales he sends your way. If you use your imagination you will find someone willing to help you in this way. Also there are some big twitter profiles they send out daily sex tips tweets, see if they do sponsored tweets, there are a couple of sites where you can make an and an offer higher profile accounts to do sponsored tweets for you for money. I think the site might be sponsoredtweets.com

find blogs on the internet that discuss sex, sex tips, marital advice etc see if they will sell you a banner ad space.

Comment

Changes
            • You need to remove everything from your banner area except your logo and shopping cart. Your shipping message is in your left column. The We Ship Globally text isn't needed either. Perhaps a small "earth" image with proportional text near the shopping cart will look OK. NEVER have your text in your banner larger than your logo text.
            • You need to link your logo to Home, not to your shipping info.
            • Your topnav rollovers need a different color. A light color will be best. Light blue?
            • Move your rabbits image in the left column under your manufacturers, or remove it entirely.
            • Remove the BIG gap under the rabbits image too.
            • Contact Us needs your business hours. Get a toll free phone number, like RingCentral.
            • Your About us has long, run on sentences. REFINE. Put spaces after commas.
            • MANY of your pages have long, run on sentences. Re-write into concise thoughts.
            • Do you really need a How to Order page?
            • Google will probably not like your free shipping page.
            • When you use a hyphen as a spacer, put a space before AND after it. blog- sex talk needs correcting.
            • Blog - DO NOT WRITE IN ALL CAPS! It is considered screaming. Use proper capitalization.

Comment

Meta Tags no longer have the weight they once had with ranking. If you want to rank your product pages, write your own description/ad copy to ensure your content is unique, most retailers just copy and paste info provided by their distributors. When you can add a youtube video to your product pages, and if the video is your video make sure there is a link from the youtube video page to the product detail page. I rank on most products very well when I do this.

The future of SEO with google is going to be social signals, likes, shares, pinterest pins, google plus ones etc. Backlinks can still help if they are good quality backlinks.

Another factor with google that is important is page load times, and bounce rate. By adding videos on your site you can cut down on the bounce rate dramatically just dont make them autoplay becuse this will cause many people to leave your site right away.

Comment

crerebra1's suggestions are great, but I disagree with hanzo's argument that meta tags don't carry as much weight now days.

It's true that META description content may not play as big a role in determining rank, but they are still critical in gaining clicks. Don't make the mistake of thinking that high rank always equates to high clicks - that's just not the case.

I wrote an article on this exact same topic a while back; you may find some of that information useful in guiding your way of thinking and building your store: META Descriptions aren't Dead - DeanP.net
                - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Working...
                X