Value of HTML sitemaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of HTML sitemaps?

I was wondering about this as I was going through the new SEO settings section in v6.0. We've had an HTML based sitemap page on our site forever now (a relic from the old days of SEO). I was just wondering if there was any need at all to maintain this anymore. With Google and Bing pulling xml sitemaps on a regular basis, does having a separate HTML page with this info actually hurt us in any way?

Value of HTML sitemaps?

After speaking with our SEO experts, it is very important to have both html and xml sitemaps, and one will not hurt the other. Therefore, we suggest maintaining both to maximize your store's optimization.
    Hope this helps!
    Thanks,
    Bryan Shaw
    Community Manager at 3dcart
    [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Bryan. This is exactly the type of info I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Shaw View Post
        After speaking with our SEO experts, it is very important to have both html and xml sitemaps, and one will not hurt the other. Therefore, we suggest maintaining both to maximize your store's optimization.
        Hope this helps!
        Thanks,
        Bryan Shaw
        Community Manager at 3dcart
        [email protected]
        How do you suggest we get the HTML sitemap on to our site?
        Rob

Comment

site maps

Just posted this in another thread - this is a real bargain

got tired of wrestling with the 3-D cart site map - unless you look at WMT daily you never know when the thing breaks

For 10 bucks a month . I use https://pro-sitemaps.com/ - (I have no relationship with them)

they host on their server make it very easy to include in WMT and you get not only product and category pages indexed, but your content pages get indexed

along with that you get 3 other sitemaps video - news - images - It's the cheapest SEO spend I'll ever make

Comment

Working...
          X