H1 tags...I gots none!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 tags...I gots none!

Bing webmaster notified me of some high priority SEO issues with the website today. When I checked it said I had no H1 tags. So I went and checked and sure enough I do not have any H1 tags on any pages except the blog. DOH!

3dcart says most of the templates were updated to add the h1 tags to the category and product pages. I guess I happened to pick the one template that was not updated. DOUBLE DOH! So I went to the common folder (as suggested by 3dcart in another thread) to see where I should input the H1 tags and they are not present in the common folder templates either.

So I think I have it figured out but Bing still says there are no H1 tags on the template page I edited. Another H1 tag checker says it is there...
    Vintage Koret Wicker And Gold Purse

Here's what I did:

1. Added the H1 tags to the product listing template like this:
    <td class="page_headers" colspan="2" valign="bottom"><h1>[name]</h1></td>

2. The item name was huge and the wrong color so then I added this to the section of the default.css at the end of the section titled "styles used throughout the website":
    h1 {
    font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 20px;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #40679a;
    letter-spacing: 0px;
    }

Does anyone have any idea why Bing still cant see the H1 tags on that page? I'm stumped!

OK NM. I logged out of Bing webmaster and logged back in and now it can see the tag. /sigh Apparently simply asking it to reload the page in the Bing SEO checker wasn't enough.

Comment

Nice, Danab! Glad everything seems to be working for you now.
      Let us know if you need anything in the future, and thanks for your support.
      Bryan Shaw
      Community Manager at 3dcart
      [email protected]

Comment

Every time we create h1 or h2 lines, the text becomes bold. Is there a way to keep it 'unbolded' ?

Comment

that's a css default style. Browsers generally assume header tags should be emphasized and thus should be bold.

If you are happy with font sizes, margins, etc and all you want to do is remove the boldness,

h1 {font-weight: 400;} would take care of it for you. stick that in your active css sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by jleclair View Post
            that's a css default style. Browsers generally assume header tags should be emphasized and thus should be bold.

If you are happy with font sizes, margins, etc and all you want to do is remove the boldness,

h1 {font-weight: 400;} would take care of it for you. stick that in your active css sheet.
            Awesome, thank you! We are going to keep the H1 tags bold, but change the H2 tags. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X